Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is AAFES losing business?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is AAFES losing business?

I'm always amazed at the suprisingly "weird" stuff that's sold at the kiosks. I.e Paper wind chimes, asian dresses, macaroni art....

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by 70gto View Post
    I'm always amazed at the suprisingly "weird" stuff that's sold at the kiosks. I.e Paper wind chimes, asian dresses, macaroni art....
    The only people that value macaroni art are the parents of the kid that made. Even then, that art does have an expiration date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Two questions:

1. At a stateside base with a community nearby, why are any of these facilities needed?

2. What's a WRT?
    I would definitely say in our area (Monterey) the commissary is badly needed. It has probably kept us from having more Danny Holleys. Who is Danny Holley? He was a 13-year-old dependent son living with family, father doing a remote in Korea, who killed himself in 1984 so there would be more for the rest of the family. Google "Danny Holley". The exchange (Base Exchange and Navy Exchange)..not so much, outside the gas station, military clothing sales, and the barber shop. There is a Costco, Walmart, Target, etc. here, and you always have Amazon and other online retailers. Probably need to keep the shoppettes and the small troop store at the Presidio of Monterey since so many students haven't a vehicle.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    The only people that value macaroni art are the parents of the kid that made. Even then, that art does have an expiration date.
    My niece and I were joking around last year before Christmas about what to get and I told her to make me something out of macaroni (she's 23). Well, I opened my gift and it was a framed "macaroni art" Air Force symbol. Each piece individually painted, etc. I'm not for Air Force memorabilia type stuff, but it's pretty awesome (hanging in my bar). Kind of a running joke with us now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shove_your_stupid_meeting View Post
    No matter what base I go to, the Class 6 seems to do alright.
    My liver's not going to just damage itself!

Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    My liver's not going to just damage itself!

If they ever take the Class 6 away there will be riots. We don't need a golf course, chapel, bowling center, etc, just don't screw with our booze.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by thread_cop View Post
    My niece and I were joking around last year before Christmas about what to get and I told her to make me something out of macaroni (she's 23). Well, I opened my gift and it was a framed "macaroni art" Air Force symbol. Each piece individually painted, etc. I'm not for Air Force memorabilia type stuff, but it's pretty awesome (hanging in my bar). Kind of a running joke with us now.
    That's actually pretty cool.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    That's actually pretty cool.
    What's funny is it's the only gift I got that I can remember exactly what I got and who gave it to me. Now I've got to figure out something good to make for her next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supposively AAFES makes $1 million a day in the Ramstein/KMC area in sales....when I was taking my Accounting classes last year, there was someone who worked contracting on Ramstein who shared this information with me, and he seemed pretty legit too. AAFES KMC Mall DOES NOT however, pay for its utilities (electric, water, etc), and insists that the Air Force does that instead....same with the parking lot. They want the SPs to ticket any overnight parkers, but they don't want to send people out to clean up the garbage that gets left behind. Even the inside of the KMC Mall is falling apart, with the elevators, urinals, and walls significantly damaged or in a continual state of non-repair.

Bottom line is that AAFES can lick my herpes-encrusted bung-hole as I give them a Hot Carl with my HIV positive poop. The amount of money they make, versus the shitty quality merchandise and the minimum wage they pay their workers is unacceptable. If they're losing money, then good.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thread_cop View Post
    If they ever take the Class 6 away there will be riots. We don't need a golf course, chapel, bowling center, etc, just don't screw with our booze.
    Gotta have the library, though.

Way back when remember Class 6 stores were inside the various clubs. Could be done. Bet the clubs would welcome the walk-in traffic. Would definitely bring in revenue. Have seen plenty of people loading up their carts with booze.