Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Condolences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Condolences

Sorry to hear about the murder of two Marines at Marine Corps Base Quantico on Thursday....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/vir...html?hpt=hp_t2

May be cynical and I know they aren't discussing motive yet but 1 female and two males that all worked together? I have a hunch....

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...ooting-032213w
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Condolences

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Sorry to hear about the murder of two Marines at Marine Corps Base Quantico on Thursday....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/vir...html?hpt=hp_t2

May be cynical and I know they aren't discussing motive yet but 1 female and two males that all worked together? I have a hunch....

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...ooting-032213w
    It's been a tough period for the Marine Corps. Seven killed in a training accident. Three killed in a shooting over a love triangle. Ironically, the latter happened near Triangle, which is near Quantico and not far from me. It's a tragic time for all involved.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a tragic event, and not to twist this into a debate, BUT...

Authorities from the base and Prince William County, Virginia, surrounded the shooter, who was in a barracks not far from where the first shooting occurred.

Law enforcement officials entered the barracks two hours later and discovered the shooter dead, apparently of a self-inflicted wound. The female victim was in the room with him, fatally shot.
    So basically, we're paying for all of these LEO with their body armor, assault rifles, armored vehicles... yet they consistently dick around for hours until there's zero chance of actually saving any victims or applying first aid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post

So basically, we're paying for all of these LEO with their body armor, assault rifles, armored vehicles... yet they consistently dick around for hours until there's zero chance of actually saving any victims or applying first aid?
    Joe,

The entire LE community is in a state of transition of determining if a scenario is an active shooter or hostage situation. The difference between the two is, police will immediately enter the building for an active shooter but will setup a perimeter and wait for a negotiator in a hostage situation. I am guessing they determined this to be a hostage situation and delayed entering the building. I also believe this was the typical love triangle.

Do you believe the shooter was possibly the supervisor of the two he murdered?

JD2780

You a would be up in arms if they stormed in with out attempting to make contact with the suspect. Just cant make Joe happy. MPs aren't half the cops civilian LEs are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:doh Nobody at the White House wanted to wake up the POTUS for a decision on the matter. Alot of careers rested on the correct course of action. :sad

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    You a would be up in arms if they stormed in with out attempting to make contact with the suspect.
    Would I?
    Just cant make Joe happy. MPs aren't half the cops civilian LEs are.
    Hmmm - so you're saying LEO are better trained than the military? Interesting assertion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a tragic event that no one could have possibly stopped. I hate to think what new regulations the Brass is going to come up with. Time to ban the guns for military!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would I?

Hmmm - so you're saying LEO are better trained than the military? Interesting assertion.
    I don't think either are well trained for this kind of situation. The problem has already been pointed out: trying to distinguish between an active shooter and a barricade situation. There appears to be no indication law enforcement did anything wrong.

JD2780

Would I?

Yes I whole heartedly believe that.