Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Condolences

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    I don't think either are well trained for this kind of situation. The problem has already been pointed out: trying to distinguish between an active shooter and a barricade situation. There appears to be no indication law enforcement did anything wrong.
    That might be exactly the case... I'm just visualizing in my head that maybe the girl wasn't killed immediately off the bat... and was bleeding on the carpet... while all these dudes are mucking around outside with their body armor and assault rifles.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Yes I whole heartedly believe that.
    So you think that little of your own training and expertise? Why so little faith? Have I seen clusterfucks in the military? Absolutely. But I firmly believe that average active duty Soldiers or Marines could whip the behinds of just about any law enforcement organization in the country.

  2. #12
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    That might be exactly the case... I'm just visualizing in my head that maybe the girl wasn't killed immediately off the bat... and was bleeding on the carpet... while all these dudes are mucking around outside with their body armor and assault rifles.



    So you think that little of your own training and expertise? Why so little faith? Have I seen clusterfucks in the military? Absolutely. But I firmly believe that average active duty Soldiers or Marines could whip the behinds of just about any law enforcement organization in the country.
    Hahaha. Yes I'm not skilled in law enforcement tactics. I can do cqb but that wasn't against US citizens. Marines and Soldiers are MPs. Meaning they have less time for training more for doing deployment related stuff. Where as many large cities have full time swat. Is what they do. The military doesn't.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Hahaha. Yes I'm not skilled in law enforcement tactics. I can do cqb but that wasn't against US citizens. Marines and Soldiers are MPs. Meaning they have less time for training more for doing deployment related stuff. Where as many large cities have full time swat. Is what they do. The military doesn't.
    You mean like dealing with threats without excessively infringing on people's rights and minimizing risk to yourself as much as possible? Hmmm... sounds like a lot of what the military does on a daily basis!

    I would also be interested in a comparison of civilian casualties in Afghanistan killed by American troops and civilian casualties in the United States killed by cops - who has killed more?

  4. #14
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    You mean like dealing with threats without excessively infringing on people's rights and minimizing risk to yourself as much as possible? Hmmm... sounds like a lot of what the military does on a daily basis!

    I would also be interested in a comparison of civilian casualties in Afghanistan killed by American troops and civilian casualties in the United States killed by cops - who has killed more?
    Umm willing to bet we've killed more civilians due fighting a war in a city utilizing air to ground weapons ranging from .50 to 2k. Also there are different rules for cops and troops.

    I can see what you think though. Police=bad guys, very bad guys.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Umm willing to bet we've killed more civilians due fighting a war in a city utilizing air to ground weapons ranging from .50 to 2k. Also there are different rules for cops and troops.
    Possibly. Possibly not. I know, in your spirit of always trying to find the truth (lol) you have no interest in seeing the actual statistics... but I am. I also know that if you did see the statistics - and it did turn out that cops kill more civilians than Soldiers... you would still try to deny and justify.

    I can see what you think though. Police=bad guys, very bad guys.
    I know for a fact you would never oppose them if you had to. You would either run away or side with them.

  6. #16
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Possibly. Possibly not. I know, in your spirit of always trying to find the truth (lol) you have no interest in seeing the actual statistics... but I am. I also know that if you did see the statistics - and it did turn out that cops kill more civilians than Soldiers... you would still try to deny and justify.



    I know for a fact you would never oppose them if you had to. You would either run away or side with them.
    Sure Joe. Deny and justify? I can't do both at the same time. Which one Joe? Deny or justify or deny then justify? Which one?

  7. #17
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Condolences

    I bet I could keep you yabbering away all night. Just flapping your gums in response to anything I post. So simple.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Sure Joe. Deny and justify? I can't do both at the same time. Which one Joe? Deny or justify or deny then justify? Which one?
    Read man. Read!

    Deny - pretend it didn't happen

    Justify - when its proven it did happen, try to explain it away.

  9. #19
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Read man. Read!

    Deny - pretend it didn't happen

    Justify - when its proven it did happen, try to explain it away.
    Read man read. You said I would deny and justify. So you meant to say deny THEN justify. It's ok. I understand your mistakes. Silly Joe.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Condolences

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Read man read. You said I would deny and justify. So you meant to say deny THEN justify. It's ok. I understand your mistakes. Silly Joe.
    So that's what its come down to buddy? Correcting grammar? Aren't there some news sources you should be reading up on?

    Here - let's play a game (assuming you don't wimp out again) - sort out the "spin" in these three stories for me:

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/04...-korea-drills/
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/31/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21992174

    Notice the same quotes from an American press release in South Korea, a "senior U.S. military official", and the white house appear in all three articles...

    But by all means, complain that the "hippy" is being unreasonable again...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •