Thread: School cancells honor student's night of recognition, to be more inclusive..

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

School cancells honor student's night of recognition, to be more inclusive..

How absurd is this.. A school cancels the night of honor student recognition, in case it offends other students who didn't make it..

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/217...ght-in-ipswich

http://www.thenewamerican.com/cultur...-hurt-feelings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: School cancells honor student's night of recognition, to be more inclusive..

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that part of the motivation to do well? Not WANTING to fail? If there are no negative implications to failure, why bother to put forth the effort to excel?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: School cancells honor student's night of recognition, to be more inclusive..

Every time I hear one of these types of stories coming out of our educational system (along with stories about "zero tolerance" idiocy) my only hope is that these incidents are isolated and not indicative of our schools as a whole. Because if they are our society is truly f*cked.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.