Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    FLAPS
    Guest

    No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    After asking to use a very nice/historical club room for my retirement ceremony I was denied access since I'm not a club member.

    I believe the club is considered real property, with utilities paid by the AF (taxpayer), not club dues.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Robert F. Dorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Oakton, Virginia
    Posts
    894
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    After asking to use a very nice/historical club room for my retirement ceremony I was denied access since I'm not a club member.

    I believe the club is considered real property, with utilities paid by the AF (taxpayer), not club dues.

    Thoughts?
    I agree. If you were talking about a private club outside the main gate, it would be different. Technicalities aside, the club is part of a military facility and you should be able to use it as indicated. But just to make this easier, why not ask someone who is a member to make the request?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    I agree. If you were talking about a private club outside the main gate, it would be different. Technicalities aside, the club is part of a military facility and you should be able to use it as indicated. But just to make this easier, why not ask someone who is a member to make the request?
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member js7799's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    EDIMGIAFAD
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    I bet Tak made some phone calls before you got there. Maybe paid them off to say no.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RobotChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    After asking to use a very nice/historical club room for my retirement ceremony I was denied access since I'm not a club member.

    I believe the club is considered real property, with utilities paid by the AF (taxpayer), not club dues.

    Thoughts?
    :spy Just maybe the Veterans with Disabilities did NOT take kindly comments made about a 'Certain' Veteran's son and wanted to see if you 'want to PICK on them 'instead??? I'm sure a 'meeting' can be arranged if you are 'GAME!' PICK on a Child for goodness sake.....I swear.....:smash:closed_2

  6. #6
    FLAPS
    Guest

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    :spy Just maybe the Veterans with Disabilities did NOT take kindly comments made about a 'Certain' Veteran's son and wanted to see if you 'want to PICK on them 'instead??? I'm sure a 'meeting' can be arranged if you are 'GAME!' PICK on a Child for goodness sake.....I swear.....:smash:closed_2
    Give me a break. I was not picking on his kid, but rather giving him an example of something far more important to focus on than waging some stupid rep war on me. How convenient of you to ignore his unprovoked attacks on me long before I mentioned his son, whom by his own admission was out of control. Get real.

  7. #7
    Senior Member RobotChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Williamsburg VA
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    Give me a break. I was not picking on his kid, but rather giving him an example of something far more important to focus on than waging some stupid rep war on me. How convenient of you to ignore his unprovoked attacks on me long before I mentioned his son, whom by his own admission was out of control. Get real.
    hone I will NOT get 'baited' into a 'PISSING' contest with ANYONE on ANY forum on the 'net' over any-fucking thing!! But you SIR..need to Apologize for that remark in the 'heat of battle' and make amends Please! Now the 'ball' is in YOUR Court SIR!! layball

  8. #8
    Senior Member technomage1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Rim
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Gotta side with the club on this one. If you're not a member they don't have to let you use the facility. AFI 34-272 is the governing AFI. Also, members can't make reservations for non members like Mr. Dorr suggested.

    You want to use it, pony up for the membership fees. People always wonder what the benefits of club membership are, well, this is one of them.

    Clubs are NAF and that's a whole other ball game funding and rules wise.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Xanadu
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Gotta side with the club on this one. If you're not a member they don't have to let you use the facility. AFI 34-272 is the governing AFI. Also, members can't make reservations for non members like Mr. Dorr suggested.

    You want to use it, pony up for the membership fees. People always wonder what the benefits of club membership are, well, this is one of them.

    Clubs are NAF and that's a whole other ball game funding and rules wise.
    The loophole would be if the presiding officer or retirement ceremony project officer is a club member and makes the reservation. Then it becomes an official function that FLAPS could attend as a nonmember.

    I held my "ceremony" at The Olive Garden in a hawaiian shirt, bermuda shorts, and sandals. By then, I was long past PT and haircut standards. Food was better than at the club.
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." -- Peter Clemenza.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Club Membership, No Club Retirement Ceremony

    Sign up for a few months, cancel when it's over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •