Thread: The Tuition Asssitance Posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Tuition Asssitance Posts

I know there's a lot of them and just didn't feel like going through all of them. I think it's stupid it has been taken away (thank you Obama) and just another reminder, like the so-called "Food Transformation Initiative", that we're being bought and sold

Last time I took college classes, I had to pay 1/4, plus textbooks that were over $100, AND drive to go to class at night! Many, if not most of the veteran NCO's and old fogies I served under in the late 1980's and early 1990's didn't have a lick of college or an Associate's at best. College was for the bookworms and the driven and was something you usually did AFTER you retired or got out.

But things have changed a lot and it's hard for the youngsters nowadays to get a decent job without a degree, unless they have a good manual skill or two and work a union job, which are hard to come by these days.

Next thing you know, we will have to pay our own medical insurance like the civilian world at maybe $500 a month out of pocket for a family. Yes, no kidding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Tuition Asssitance Posts

And welcome to our 'Changed world(Country)'; keep 'changing' the rules on us just about the time we figured out the old ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You didn't have to read through all of them to post your opinion. It's bad form to start an entirely new thread on the topic though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    I know there's a lot of them and just didn't feel like going through all of them.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Tuition Asssitance Posts

I know there's a lot of them and just didn't feel like going through all of them.

So apparently you don't care to read other peoples' opinions but feel your opinion on the same subject is so valuable that it needs its own thread. I guess the fact that you can't spell "Assistance" is lost on you as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the new AF...
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I know there's a lot of them and just didn't feel like going through all of them. I think it's stupid it has been taken away (thank you Obama) and just another reminder, like the so-called "Food Transformation Initiative", that we're being bought and sold

Last time I took college classes, I had to pay 1/4, plus textbooks that were over $100, AND drive to go to class at night! Many, if not most of the veteran NCO's and old fogies I served under in the late 1980's and early 1990's didn't have a lick of college or an Associate's at best. College was for the bookworms and the driven and was something you usually did AFTER you retired or got out.

But things have changed a lot and it's hard for the youngsters nowadays to get a decent job without a degree, unless they have a good manual skill or two and work a union job, which are hard to come by these days.

Next thing you know, we will have to pay our own medical insurance like the civilian world at maybe $500 a month out of pocket for a family. Yes, no kidding!

I agree that posting a new thread on this subject is unnecessary and inappropriate. You could have simply posted your opinion and left it at that. Doing it this way has only attracted unwanted attention to yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BURAWSKI View Post
    I agree that posting a new thread on this subject is unnecessary and inappropriate. You could have simply posted your opinion and left it at that. Doing it this way has only attracted unwanted attention to yourself.
    I agree with your main point; however, how do you know that he does not want the attention? Just an observation.
    You don't know what you have done forgetting the F.
    -ske4za

One person shits their pants and everyone gets to wear a diaper.
    -Vrake

Girlfriends are better than wives
    -Tak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He has posted some good threads here, so I am not irked...I am seriously just believing he might be new to the whole internet forum thing.

Here is a list of things to help all people maintain internet forum courtesy:

All caps is considered shouting and rude.
    Starting a thread that already has recent threads posted is rude.
    Agreeing with Tak, Bruin, PickYourBattles, or Joe Bonthamrider is bad.
    Airman of Darkness and PT God are goofballs and nothing they say should be taken seriously.
    Drackore is dead sexy.
    WillsPowers is banned.
    MSgt (retarded) Richard Giddens is WillsPowers.
    Don't ever buy from Digital Storm.
    The EPR system sucks.
    The Fitness Program sucks.
    The ABU sucks.
    Robert F Door (RFD) really hates acronyms.
    If you shake it more than twice, you're playing with it.
    The reputation system on this forum means absolutely nothing.
    Do not bump seriously old posts. If the last post on the topic is over a year old, you are allowed to start a new post.
    Everything is offensive to somebody.

All - feel free to add your suggestions.