Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    That's a good point. But unfortunately ALL of the Bible is what men claim god said.
    True. And that's why all I can do is live my life to my best interpretation, not what others tell me something means. I think this is true for anything, including all religions, the Constitution, laws, etc. Of course I can manipulate any of it to fit my personal needs, but ultimately, with all interpretations, I can only hope that the intent of my actions is the same as the intent of the original content.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What was the intent of the original content?

Let's also note that the Bible is not the "original content". The original content was repeated, translated, and re-written countless times throughout the millenia... and much of that was discarded at Nicaea.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    What was the intent of the original content?
    Did you even read what I said? I said my "interpretation" of what I believe the intent is.

Let's also note that the Bible is not the "original content". The original content was repeated, translated, and re-written countless times throughout the millenia... and much of that was discarded at Nicaea.
    Really? No shit? Next thing you're going to do is tell me there's no Easter Bunny and that pro wrestling is fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    True. And that's why all I can do is live my life to my best interpretation, not what others tell me something means. I think this is true for anything, including all religions, the Constitution, laws, etc. Of course I can manipulate any of it to fit my personal needs, but ultimately, with all interpretations, I can only hope that the intent of my actions is the same as the intent of the original content.
    It seems to me that your interpretation is a very positive one in your life and is one of tolerance and respect of others whose beliefs may not be in line with yours. I just wish others were the same; instead, we get too much hatred from what should be a positive force in the world.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    This stuff wouldn't happen if we would just follow the Bible:

But dicks fuck pussies and assholes....haven't you seen Team America to understand their vital role in the world today?!?

"Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    It seems to me that your interpretation is a very positive one in your life and is one of tolerance and respect of others whose beliefs may not be in line with yours. I just wish others were the same; instead, we get too much hatred from what should be a positive force in the world.
    It's a two way street as well. I think if Christians didn't come across as hateful, they would get more respect. I also feel that if they were given more respect, they wouldn't come across as hateful. It's like a person getting called out in front of a group of peers. That usually leads to the person getting defensive. Once one get's defensive they tend to throw logic out the window and, in doing so, become even more of what they are being accused of being.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    But dicks fuck pussies and assholes....haven't you seen Team America to understand their vital role in the world today?!?

This is true... otherwise the asshole would shit all over your dick AND your pussy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hate to say it but military religion is pretty biased. Chaplains pray a military prayer not mentioning the word JESUS as to not offend anyone. My chaplain even told me I would be looked upon in favor (maybe) because I served in the military. Of course we all know God is no respector of persons right?

This chaplain should be very much ashamed of themselves. They were putting the militarys needs ahead of the girl's needs.