Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/0...-will-031313w/

Perhaps we can send the accused Chaplain off to a Turkish prison where unthinkable like-incidents may happen to him--and then tell him: "It was God's will."

Of course, there are always two sides to every story and I certainly see some potential gaps in this one.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/0...-will-031313w/

Perhaps we can send the accused Chaplain off to a Turkish prison where unthinkable like-incidents may happen to him--and then tell him: "It was God's will."

Of course, there are always two sides to every story and I certainly see some potential gaps in this one.
    "Gap" in the story is definitely one way of putting it. I see 3 possibilities:

1. Events happened exactly as she claims. If this is the case, the Chaplain should lose his job.

2. The rape happened, but what the Chaplain said was exaggerated. More likely, he mentioned that getting back to church might help her work through some issues.

3. There was no rape. She needed a cover story once the pictures came out. Not naming the Chaplain seems a little suspect to me. Claiming he said something and not giving him a chance to defend himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now he had some 'coins' in his pocket to get outta that! Time for 'firing squads' to get some practice; I'll buy the 'rounds'(bullets Bob) I thought in WAR that was one big NO-NO!! Times have changed! Wait!! There is that WORD AGAIN!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Uummm....

"She finally reported it after a friend told her the accused rapist had posted photographs of her, taken during the rape, on the Internet."

It is freaking horrific that rape victims pose for photographs while being raped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    Uummm....

"She finally reported it after a friend told her the accused rapist had posted photographs of her, taken during the rape, on the Internet."

It is freaking horrific that rape victims pose for photographs while being raped.
    Who took the photographs? Did the alleged rapist take the photographs while he was raping her?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, there are some issues regarding the story, but let's go on the premise for the moment that the alleged victim is being completely honest regarding the incident.

If so, do we really need a chaplin (or anyone else) that thinks if someone commits a criminal act against your person or your property that it is the will of God and you should simply shut your piehole and suffer?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USN - Retired View Post
    Who took the photographs? Did the alleged rapist take the photographs while he was raping her?
    I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the photos. Like I said, there are a lot of potential gaps that aren't addressed yet. He must have been one strong Chaplain to subdue her while taking photos. No scream for help is mentioned either--although that doesn't mean to say she didn't.

Chief Bosun brings up a good point too: What if she is truly being completely honest? We may never know the whole truth. At the very least, this Chaplain was married warranting himself unworthy of his position/title and conduct unbecoming an officer.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    I was wondering when someone was going to bring up the photos. Like I said, there are a lot of potential gaps that aren't addressed yet. He must have been one strong Chaplain to subdue her while taking photos. No scream for help is mentioned either--although that doesn't mean to say she didn't.

Chief Bosun brings up a good point too: What if she is truly being completely honest? We may never know the whole truth. At the very least, this Chaplain was married warranting himself unworthy of his position/title and conduct unbecoming an officer.
    Did I misread something? She's not accusing the Chaplain of raping her. She's accusing the Chaplain (unnamed) of telling her it was Gods will that she was raped (when she went to him for counseling). I think...

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Did I misread something? She's not accusing the Chaplain of raping her. She's accusing the Chaplain (unnamed) of telling her it was Gods will that she was raped (when she went to him for counseling). I think...
    Yea it started getting confusing at one point.

The Chaplin wasnt the rapist, but was the one that allegedly said it was Gods will. If a rape did ocurr, its a shame and the individual will rot in hell. While she may have been betrayed she may not have been raped. We'll never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I doubt that was what he said. More than likely, he said something along the lines of "god has a plan and maybe this horrific act happened so you would come back to the fold" or something like that. Probably didn't say, "God loves him some rape so he sent a rapist to you to force you back to church"... One seems like trying to rationalize a horrible thing-something a chaplain might indeed do-though probably better than I did-the other, sounds like some made up garbage to get more press for her case.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings