Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chaplain told victim rape ‘was God’s will’

I'm just curious why this falls under "Navy", I guess Air Force is overdone these days? (God forbid we feature it under Army, the service all individuals belonged to?)
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    I'm just curious why this falls under "Navy", I guess Air Force is overdone these days? (God forbid we feature it under Army, the service all individuals belonged to?)
    The OP pulled the article from the Navy times....or...because it involves semen?:bathbaby
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    The OP pulled the article from the Navy times....or...because it involves semen?:bathbaby
    You're quite right, MT itself is to blame for trying to turn the Navy Forums into the Air Force Forums!
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    http://www.navytimes.com/news/2013/0...-will-031313w/

Perhaps we can send the accused Chaplain off to a Turkish prison where unthinkable like-incidents may happen to him--and then tell him: "It was God's will."

Of course, there are always two sides to every story and I certainly see some potential gaps in this one.
    Like what 'potential gaps?' The article wasn't an editorial piece--it was journalism--reporting the news. If you are JAG corps, you must have some personal experience with the problems inherent in the antiquated UCMJ and the clearly broken military legal system. It's kind of a surprise the Navy doesn't hang people by yardarms anymore, given the outdated legal reasoning in military legal code.

Have you seen Kirby Dick's Oscar-nominated film "The Invisible War?" Two days after viewing this film SecDef Panetta changed CoC report and charging procedures based on the obvious (and still present) inequities in a severely broken model of "justice."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

“I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Did I misread something? She's not accusing the Chaplain of raping her. She's accusing the Chaplain (unnamed) of telling her it was Gods will that she was raped (when she went to him for counseling). I think...
    Good catch sandsjames! After reading what you said, I went back to the article. It's written in a context that can easily be mis-leading as to who did what. Either way, the Chaplain needs to be violated under Gods will!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    Good catch sandsjames! After reading what you said, I went back to the article. It's written in a context that can easily be mis-leading as to who did what. Either way, the Chaplain needs to be violated under Gods will!
    The god of the Bible doesn't have much of a problem with rape.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    Just to clarify, all of those verses quote what MEN said to their people, not what GOD said. There is no doubt that, throughout history, men have used the "will of God" as a weapon to do what they choose, no matter how immoral the act is.

(Preface by saying I don't speak for everyone and the following is my interpretation) Thankfully, with the emergence of Christianity, it was made clear that this type of thing was NOT acceptable and that those who were living under this guise were not doing the will of God.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This stuff wouldn't happen if we would just follow the Bible:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Just to clarify, all of those verses quote what MEN said to their people, not what GOD said. There is no doubt that, throughout history, men have used the "will of God" as a weapon to do what they choose, no matter how immoral the act is.

(Preface by saying I don't speak for everyone and the following is my interpretation) Thankfully, with the emergence of Christianity, it was made clear that this type of thing was NOT acceptable and that those who were living under this guise were not doing the will of God.
    That's a good point. But unfortunately ALL of the Bible is what men claim god said.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.