Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for wives & girlfriends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question for wives & girlfriends

How many of you think you should be treated the same as your other, who is on active duty?
    Anything special you think you're due, that they don't get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question for wives & girlfriends

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    How many of you think you should be treated the same as your other, who is on active duty?
    What if their spouse is in the Guard or Reserve? Are THEY GTG in using their husband's rank? What if the spouse is a male? Course with the repeal of DADT....the spouse could be a wife and be a male... hwell
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's gtg?
    And pullin, you know I could care less what gender etc a person is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's gtg?
    And pullin, you know I could care less what gender etc a person is.
    good to go
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I'm late to the discussion, but is this a serious question?
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
    - Margaret Thatcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes. Legally wed spouses of LGB AD should get the same benefits as other spouses of AD personnel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    Yes. Legally wed spouses of LGB AD should get the same benefits as other spouses of AD personnel.
    That wasn't the question, but thanks for taking the opportunity to hop on your soap box.

The question was whether or not a spouse is entitled to the same treatment as their active duty partner just for being married to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since I'm -30 days away from becoming the Mrs instead of the other SSgt in the family, my answer would be: hell no.

If you want to be treated in a decent manner, be a decent person.
    If you want respect, earn it. Don't demand it.
    No one cares who your husband is. No one cares who your wife is. The best way to get your other recognized is to be a total bitch or asshole to someone else in their unit.

And the military owes you nothing unless you've got a uniform on your back, and I'm not just talking about the half nakey pics you take in your other's ABU/ACU top either. You're owed nothing special so stop asking.

This is not directed at anyone on here.... it's just my answer to the questions.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
    - Margaret Thatcher

JD2780

Now that I'm separated from the AF I say screw that. I hold no rank no authority. I should be respected like anybody else. I'm not a military member anymore. Unless, I'm getting an LES I shouldn't be treated like a member holding rank. That is a stupid mentality and some spouses should be informed of their rank. Which doesn't exist!!

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by drc100882 View Post
    Since I'm -30 days away from becoming the Mrs instead of the other SSgt in the family, my answer would be: hell no.

If you want to be treated in a decent manner, be a decent person.
    If you want respect, earn it. Don't demand it.
    No one cares who your husband is. No one cares who your wife is. The best way to get your other recognized is to be a total bitch or asshole to someone else in their unit.

And the military owes you nothing unless you've got a uniform on your back, and I'm not just talking about the half nakey pics you take in your other's ABU/ACU top either. You're owed nothing special so stop asking.

This is not directed at anyone on here.... it's just my answer to the questions.
    I think it is spot on.