Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for wives & girlfriends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question for wives & girlfriends

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    That wasn't the question, but thanks for taking the opportunity to hop on your soap box.

The question was whether or not a spouse is entitled to the same treatment as their active duty partner just for being married to them.
    My inital thought was the same but....that is a valid answer to her SECOND question...

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    Anything special you think you're due, that they don't get?
    (I am assuming that it would be "Anything special you think you're due, that YOU don't get?"...I could be wrong..
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I recently saw a discussion related to this on Facebook...basically it was a bunch of military spouses that were complaining that certain businesses only provided a military discount to the servicemember and not the dependent spouse.

In a nutshell, they were posting these businesses urging others to boycott them for "disrespecting military spouses" or some other nonsense.

I posted on their that any military discounts should be "appreciated graciously when given, but never expected." Blah blah blah more posts about how the spouse is part of the military...blah blah blah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I recently saw a discussion related to this on Facebook...basically it was a bunch of military spouses that were complaining that certain businesses only provided a military discount to the servicemember and not the dependent spouse.

In a nutshell, they were posting these businesses urging others to boycott them for "disrespecting military spouses" or some other nonsense.

I posted on their that any military discounts should be "appreciated graciously when given, but never expected." Blah blah blah more posts about how the spouse is part of the military...blah blah blah...
    Being a spouse is the hardest job in the military. Don't you know?

This discussion made me think of my fun encounter with a spouses group on base a few months ago... I wonder if I'd be accepted after I hang up the uniform...
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
    - Margaret Thatcher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure anyone is looking at this anymore but I wouldn't even want to be treated the same if I was a spouse.

I don't want to have to go on field training trip and have to sleep out in the open (no tent) and on the ground.
    I don't want to have to go do PT especially when it's cold cuz those shorts don't cover much and my tits would be mad at me. (Yes I went there lol)
    I don't want to have to spend all day in the uniform especially in the summer when he's stuck in the long sleeves no matter how hot it is.
    I don't want to spend months away from home and not be able to cuddle up in my comfy bed at night.
    I don't want to be shot at, I'm not trained on how to best respond other than shooting back.
    I don't want to have to kill other people so that I can survive.

Those that want to be treated the same as their spouse who is employed by Uncle Sam should not expect to be treated the same unless they are willing to do what their spouse does. The spouse doesn't do the things for their country that our men and women who serve do so no I don't believe they should be treated the same.
    ~It takes a special breed to stick by a soldier even when they are struggling.~