Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    You have a point but the contradiction you speak of exists on the left also. 22 children get killed by a murderer and the left are ready to take your guns away. At the same time over 50 Million babies have been aborted since 1973 but they oddly have no problem with this. How can you (not you specifically) say you support gun control because you value life and also be in favor of abortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Very true.. They are all in favor of protecting the 'kids' when it comes to gun rights, but don't seem to care on abortion (from my pov of listening to the left).
    This argument also works in reverse... why is the Right so determined to make sure each and every fertilized egg makes it to birth... but the second the kid pops out of the womb it doesn't matter if he dies of starvation, doesn't get educated, or gets killed by a shooter?

    The kid doesn't start mattering again until he gets to 18... so he can join the military (with a GED waiver)

  2. #22
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by PickYourBattles View Post
    No, I don't think it's just you. If a guy is in a photo with our enemy, that guy must be an enemy combatant. I think your logic is brilliant.

    Even you have to admit that photo was posted out of context, PYB. That was a different time, and you know as well as I do (I would hope so since you claim to be an officer) that despite all the rhetoric and stump speeches that, yes... many times the emeny of my enemy is my friend. You do remember the timing of that photo, right?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Even you have to admit that photo was posted out of context, PYB. That was a different time, and you know as well as I do (I would hope so since you claim to be an officer) that despite all the rhetoric and stump speeches that, yes... many times the emeny of my enemy is my friend. You do remember the timing of that photo, right?
    1) So its okay to support terrorists and violent extremists if it furthers our own political/ideological goals? So what does that make of the GWOT? Would a better name be the GWOTWDLATMBWPATBUY? Global War on Terrorists that We Don't Like At this Particular Moment, But Were Probably Armed and Trained By Us Yesterday?

    3) The "enemie's enemy" strategy has worked absolute wonders, hasn't it?

  4. #24
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    You have a point but the contradiction you speak of exists on the left also. 22 children get killed by a murderer and the left are ready to take your guns away. At the same time over 50 Million babies have been aborted since 1973 but they oddly have no problem with this. How can you (not you specifically) say you support gun control because you value life and also be in favor of abortion?
    Kappppooooooowwww!

  5. #25
    Senior Member grimreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    4th Dimension
    Posts
    753
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Kappppooooooowwww!
    Nevermind the fact that Obama campaigned on closing Gitmo and how we don't "torture" people (i.e. waterboarding)...even though it was only a few guys to begin with.

    Fast forward 5 years....Gitmo is still open and although our public response is that we don't use those kind of techniques anymore (yeah right) we now claim the authority to blow your ass up, even if you are an American citizen, without trial.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Nevermind the fact that Obama campaigned on closing Gitmo and how we don't "torture" people (i.e. waterboarding)...even though it was only a few guys to begin with.

    Fast forward 5 years....Gitmo is still open and although our public response is that we don't use those kind of techniques anymore (yeah right) we now claim the authority to blow your ass up, even if you are an American citizen, without trial.
    Agreed... and the lack of feedback from the left on this has been - frustrating - to say the least.

    Though to be honest, I cannot 100% blame 'em... the GOP has been doing an astonishing job of somehow finding candidates even more corrupt and terrifying than Obama.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Notice how even hardcore conservatives who hate Obama - like some people in this thread - will support him when he kills American citizens. I find it ironic that many Americans jump up and down insisting how important it is for them to have assault weapons - but when it comes to actually DEFENDING our rights - like you know - to not get assassinated by our own government - they pussy out.

    Gotta love that "fight or flight" response. Turns out having a big gun doesn't make you a badass.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Joe Bonham again.
    COURAGE!

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Since I can't get you any rep, I'll share this for you JB.

    COURAGE!

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    retired usa
    Posts
    347
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by PickYourBattles View Post
    Since I can't get you any rep, I'll share this for you JB.

    PYB,

    This is simply awesome and an excellent illustration of how idiots have flocked to the democratic party.

  10. #30
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    Nevermind the fact that Obama campaigned on closing Gitmo and how we don't "torture" people (i.e. waterboarding)...even though it was only a few guys to begin with.

    Fast forward 5 years....Gitmo is still open and although our public response is that we don't use those kind of techniques anymore (yeah right) we now claim the authority to blow your ass up, even if you are an American citizen, without trial.
    And what's funny is that we don't hear about Gitmo anymore. 5 years ago it was something we heard about regularly. How evil it was. How unneeded it was. Where is all the rhetoric now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •