Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I am curious, though. One of the main issues in this is the discussion about a guy who is in a photo SITTING NEXT TO Osama Bin Laden. In my opinion that guy is an enemy combatant. But maybe that's just me.
    No, I don't think it's just you. If a guy is in a photo with our enemy, that guy must be an enemy combatant. I think your logic is brilliant.

COURAGE!

Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

“It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: ‘Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?’” wrote Holder. “The answer to that question is no.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...us-filibuster/

Thanks for the political grandstanding Rand Paul.
    “We will kill Bin Laden. We will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."
    - Barack Obama, Oct 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigecaps View Post
    “It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: ‘Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?’” wrote Holder. “The answer to that question is no.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...us-filibuster/

Thanks for the political grandstanding Rand Paul.
    Interesting being that before Rand's "grandstanding," Holder gave a different answer more like, "yes, in some situations."

So, yes, thank you Senator Paul.
    COURAGE!

Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PickYourBattles View Post
    No, I don't think it's just you. If a guy is in a photo with our enemy, that guy must be an enemy combatant. I think your logic is brilliant.

Yeah, this is EXACTLY the same.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FDR and Winston Churchill - confirmed communists and enemy combatants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Powerful post, but wait a minute...any Americans get killed it's Bush fault...and this situation was inherited or something like that...you know the drill by now I'm sure...
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant eNYgma View Post
    Powerful post, but wait a minute...any Americans get killed it's Bush fault...and this situation was inherited or something like that...you know the drill by now I'm sure...
    Notice how even hardcore conservatives who hate Obama - like some people in this thread - will support him when he kills American citizens. I find it ironic that many Americans jump up and down insisting how important it is for them to have assault weapons - but when it comes to actually DEFENDING our rights - like you know - to not get assassinated by our own government - they pussy out.

Gotta love that "fight or flight" response. Turns out having a big gun doesn't make you a badass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think everyone is missing the point -

While I encourage all to watch video of the filibuster (including the first twenty-two minutes before Senator Paul adjusts his microphone and thereby improves the audio), I will provide below a few points that I found particularly salient as I watched the thirteen hour Senate debate.
    PYB watched the entire 13 hour filibuster? He probably stood and refused to use the bathroom the entire time in solidarity.

(P.S. For what it's worth, Senator Paul did a great thing.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Notice how even hardcore conservatives who hate Obama - like some people in this thread - will support him when he kills American citizens. I find it ironic that many Americans jump up and down insisting how important it is for them to have assault weapons - but when it comes to actually DEFENDING our rights - like you know - to not get assassinated by our own government - they pussy out.

Gotta love that "fight or flight" response. Turns out having a big gun doesn't make you a badass.
    You have a point but the contradiction you speak of exists on the left also. 22 children get killed by a murderer and the left are ready to take your guns away. At the same time over 50 Million babies have been aborted since 1973 but they oddly have no problem with this. How can you (not you specifically) say you support gun control because you value life and also be in favor of abortion?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Very true.. They are all in favor of protecting the 'kids' when it comes to gun rights, but don't seem to care on abortion (from my pov of listening to the left).