Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I am curious, though. One of the main issues in this is the discussion about a guy who is in a photo SITTING NEXT TO Osama Bin Laden. In my opinion that guy is an enemy combatant. But maybe that's just me.
    No, I don't think it's just you. If a guy is in a photo with our enemy, that guy must be an enemy combatant. I think your logic is brilliant.

    COURAGE!

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    “It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: ‘Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?’” wrote Holder. “The answer to that question is no.”

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...us-filibuster/

    Thanks for the political grandstanding Rand Paul.
    “We will kill Bin Laden. We will crush Al Qaeda. That has to be our biggest national security priority."
    - Barack Obama, Oct 2008.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    246
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by sigecaps View Post
    “It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: ‘Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?’” wrote Holder. “The answer to that question is no.”

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...us-filibuster/

    Thanks for the political grandstanding Rand Paul.
    Interesting being that before Rand's "grandstanding," Holder gave a different answer more like, "yes, in some situations."

    So, yes, thank you Senator Paul.
    COURAGE!

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

  4. #14
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by PickYourBattles View Post
    No, I don't think it's just you. If a guy is in a photo with our enemy, that guy must be an enemy combatant. I think your logic is brilliant.

    Yeah, this is EXACTLY the same.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    FDR and Winston Churchill - confirmed communists and enemy combatants.


  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Powerful post, but wait a minute...any Americans get killed it's Bush fault...and this situation was inherited or something like that...you know the drill by now I'm sure...
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant eNYgma View Post
    Powerful post, but wait a minute...any Americans get killed it's Bush fault...and this situation was inherited or something like that...you know the drill by now I'm sure...
    Notice how even hardcore conservatives who hate Obama - like some people in this thread - will support him when he kills American citizens. I find it ironic that many Americans jump up and down insisting how important it is for them to have assault weapons - but when it comes to actually DEFENDING our rights - like you know - to not get assassinated by our own government - they pussy out.

    Gotta love that "fight or flight" response. Turns out having a big gun doesn't make you a badass.

  8. #18
    Senior Member ConfusedAirman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    I think everyone is missing the point -

    While I encourage all to watch video of the filibuster (including the first twenty-two minutes before Senator Paul adjusts his microphone and thereby improves the audio), I will provide below a few points that I found particularly salient as I watched the thirteen hour Senate debate.
    PYB watched the entire 13 hour filibuster? He probably stood and refused to use the bathroom the entire time in solidarity.

    (P.S. For what it's worth, Senator Paul did a great thing.)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dayon, Ohio
    Posts
    1,244
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Notice how even hardcore conservatives who hate Obama - like some people in this thread - will support him when he kills American citizens. I find it ironic that many Americans jump up and down insisting how important it is for them to have assault weapons - but when it comes to actually DEFENDING our rights - like you know - to not get assassinated by our own government - they pussy out.

    Gotta love that "fight or flight" response. Turns out having a big gun doesn't make you a badass.
    You have a point but the contradiction you speak of exists on the left also. 22 children get killed by a murderer and the left are ready to take your guns away. At the same time over 50 Million babies have been aborted since 1973 but they oddly have no problem with this. How can you (not you specifically) say you support gun control because you value life and also be in favor of abortion?

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,329
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: What We Should Learn From the Filibuster - Killing Amerians in America

    Very true.. They are all in favor of protecting the 'kids' when it comes to gun rights, but don't seem to care on abortion (from my pov of listening to the left).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •