Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has any base cut off the cable yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Has any base cut off the cable yet?

Or cut off the TV that's wasting electricity....doing nothing but rotating through some slides no one looks at?

Or cut off those outdoor electronic boards we spent thousands of dollars on and no one looks at and are more distracting while driving than cell phones?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Has any base cut off the cable yet?

Quote Originally Posted by VFFTSGT View Post
    Or cut off the TV that's wasting electricity....doing nothing but rotating through some slides no one looks at?

Or cut off those outdoor electronic boards we spent thousands of dollars on and no one looks at and are more distracting while driving than cell phones?
    We just got a new 60" LED TV that hangs in the entrance to the group. It flashes slides that I'm sure nobody reads and, even if they did, aren't relevant to anything we do.

As far as cable, I'm not sure. I know the clinic has at least 12 TV's all with cable in each waiting area. I think it would be more productive to work on getting me into my appointment on time so I don't need to watch TV for 45 minutes before I'm seen.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    We just got a new 60" LED TV that hangs in the entrance to the group. It flashes slides that I'm sure nobody reads and, even if they did, aren't relevant to anything we do.

As far as cable, I'm not sure. I know the clinic has at least 12 TV's all with cable in each waiting area. I think it would be more productive to work on getting me into my appointment on time so I don't need to watch TV for 45 minutes before I'm seen.
    Well said. i hate the "be here 45 min prior' crap for appointments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Wright Patt gyms (all three) have been without cable for awhile now. Same with squadrons. There is cable in the Med Group waiting areas and the Force Support Squadron waiting area. I really don't know how much is being saved. Yet, we're still going through with CORONA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjohn1118 View Post
    The Wright Patt gyms (all three) have been without cable for awhile now. Same with squadrons. There is cable in the Med Group waiting areas and the Force Support Squadron waiting area. I really don't know how much is being saved. Yet, we're still going through with CORONA.
    I'm guessing nothing will be saved with foolish gestures like this. It only becomes real savings if someone returns money to he treasury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    I'm guessing nothing will be saved with foolish gestures like this. It only becomes real savings if someone returns money to he treasury.
    Two spaces after a period is less of a tragedy than poor editing. Changes the entire complexion of a sentence. Just for you I went three spaces after my periods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:clock Move that super air conditioned hanger in FLA to test 'real world cold' on air frames to Alaska for goodness sake; that's a Noooooo-brainer .....unless it gets in the way of sun tans for the inspectors stationed in Alaska! Put in a Arnold Palmer class 27 hole golf course with a '19th hole bar and stripper club'(MALE&FEMALE of course) next to the Pentagon for contractors/lobbyist/Congress to make their shady deals instead of exotic locals. And...Contract 'Virgin Atlantic' to fly all AF aircraft, on time, 100% ready to rock and roll at a moments notice, even to space!! TU-144 under special request when you have to get there yesterday!! (in the works I read, Brits would not sell him the Concord fleet) LAST...No GENERALS out number the total amount of bombers.........Now that's a start! :rantlane

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Some things i just thought of that can help out.

1) turn off ALL computers at the end of the day. This includes speakers, monitors, printers etc.
    2) turn off all lights. Many a time i drove by buildings not in use (or after work hours) to see all the lights still on.
    3) Make restricted take out the trash, do the gardening... Its only a little saving, but every bit counts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NOT buying giant moniters (TV screens) would be a good way to reduce spending.

When I envy the cargo headed to Afghanistan (80" TVs) as being better than the TV in my home, I really begin to question priorities.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    NOT buying giant moniters (TV screens) would be a good way to reduce spending.

When I envy the cargo headed to Afghanistan (80" TVs) as being better than the TV in my home, I really begin to question priorities.
    80 inchers heading to the combat zone? What the he(( for?

But i agree.. its somewhat pointless hitting the units themselves to make cuts when the overarching big commands do not change.