Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SERE the gender neutral standard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: SERE the gender neutral standard?

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Some career fields "deserve" more? Really? I'll agree that some are more directly involved in the war effort. Some are in danger more often. But they "deserve" more of what? The only thing combat related career fields deserve more of is combat medals. And that's only if they do something above and beyond their job description.

Of course not everyone deserves a trophy. Being in a combat AFSC does not change that fact. They may deserve more respect for putting their lives on the line more often (though I wouldn't say that combat pilots are doing so, especially in a world where there is no opposition Air Force). You mentioned the MiG. When's the last time one of our guys had to "knock a MiG or two out of the sky"?
    Yes, I did mention a MiG (Mikoyan) aircraft; I also mentioned the last time the USAF had to "knock a MiG or two out of the sky". Thus I already answered the question you have asked, which leads to another question: why the hell did you bother to even ask? Everyone knows the answer already.

When is the last time you had to install a Mission Essential Power (MEP)-12 plant for a BEAR (Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources) base? When is the last time you conducted a monthly generator run? When is the last time you rolled the MAAS out as part of an ADR (Airfield Damage Repair) team and installed it on different bases (soil vs. concrete vs. asphalt)?

I only ask these questions to you because it matters not when the "last time you did something" was, but it matters if you're prepared and trained to do that specific something when the time comes.

So no, the USAF has not had an air-to-air kill in over a decade. Does that mean an F-15 C-model pilot couldn't down a MiG-29 tomorrow if needed? Absolutely not. Just the same that you may have not laid out your MAAS in over a decade (not saying you have not), but could definitely do it if needed. USAF pilots have not faced a potent aerial enemy for many, many years; that can be attributed to US pre-emptive supremacy, the inherit weaknesses and laziness of many other aerial forces across the globe, the fact that the countries with considerable air power are our allies or docile enemies. Or all of the above, mixed together.

Yet do you slip into a lull while others are tooling up? The United States has not fought its last conventional war.

Those in the Air Force who take part in direct combat deserve exactly "more of what"? You tell me, it seems as though you have already answered your own question (again). They do get more respect, and rightly so. They do get greater media exposure and fanfare, and rightly so. They do (usually) get easier access to funding, training opportunities, etc; perhaps not rightly so but at least they are looking out for their own people, unlike some other career fields whose leaders look out only for themselves.

This debate could be avoided if, again, people did not worry about others: beret envy, flight suit envy, aeronautical badge envy, flight pay envy, jump pay envy, aircrew envy, whatever.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Yes, I did mention a MiG (Mikoyan) aircraft; I also mentioned the last time the USAF had to "knock a MiG or two out of the sky". Thus I already answered the question you have asked, which leads to another question: why the hell did you bother to even ask? Everyone knows the answer already.

When is the last time you had to install a Mission Essential Power (MEP)-12 plant for a BEAR (Basic Expeditionary Airfield Resources) base? When is the last time you conducted a monthly generator run? When is the last time you rolled the MAAS out as part of an ADR (Airfield Damage Repair) team and installed it on different bases (soil vs. concrete vs. asphalt)?

I only ask these questions to you because it matters not when the "last time you did something" was, but it matters if you're prepared and trained to do that specific something when the time comes.

So no, the USAF has not had an air-to-air kill in over a decade. Does that mean an F-15 C-model pilot couldn't down a MiG-29 tomorrow if needed? Absolutely not. Just the same that you may have not laid out your MAAS in over a decade (not saying you have not), but could definitely do it if needed. USAF pilots have not faced a potent aerial enemy for many, many years; that can be attributed to US pre-emptive supremacy, the inherit weaknesses and laziness of many other aerial forces across the globe, the fact that the countries with considerable air power are our allies or docile enemies. Or all of the above, mixed together.

Yet do you slip into a lull while others are tooling up? The United States has not fought its last conventional war.

Those in the Air Force who take part in direct combat deserve exactly "more of what"? You tell me, it seems as though you have already answered your own question (again). They do get more respect, and rightly so. They do get greater media exposure and fanfare, and rightly so. They do (usually) get easier access to funding, training opportunities, etc; perhaps not rightly so but at least they are looking out for their own people, unlike some other career fields whose leaders look out only for themselves.

This debate could be avoided if, again, people did not worry about others: beret envy, flight suit envy, aeronautical badge envy, flight pay envy, jump pay envy, aircrew envy, whatever.
    The point is that, over the last 10 years, there have been more instances of finance troops (I mention them because you did) in harms way than fighter pilots. Finance troops on convoys with the Army, outside the wire, getting shelled.

I have nothing against pilots other than most of them are arrogant douche bags, but their jobs require that they are.

I am curious to know how you know what my job is. Did you go through all my old posts or are you just a new profile of someone who's been around for awhile?

edit: Also, to answer your other question, I have never had to install a MEP 12 or MAAS, other than during exercises. A huge waste of money to be at Silver Flag every other year. I did do a monthly run the other day, though. Well, I "led a team" and "facilitated" the "extension of servicability" on equipment "supporting" several million dollars of equipment with "100% uptime".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am curious to know how you know what my job is. Did you go through all my old posts or are you just a new profile of someone who's been around for awhile?
    Uhhh, my money is that it's an alt account.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CJSmith View Post
    Uhhh, my money is that it's an alt account.
    Yeah. Trying to figure out who it would be who would know that acronyms/abbreviations related to my job (unless he just looked them up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The point is that, over the last 10 years, there have been more instances of finance troops (I mention them because you did) in harms way than fighter pilots. Finance troops on convoys with the Army, outside the wire, getting shelled.

I have nothing against pilots other than most of them are arrogant douche bags, but their jobs require that they are.

edit: Also, to answer your other question, I have never had to install a MEP 12 or MAAS, other than during exercises. A huge waste of money to be at Silver Flag every other year. I did do a monthly run the other day, though. Well, I "led a team" and "facilitated" the "extension of servicability" on equipment "supporting" several million dollars of equipment with "100% uptime".
    You mentioned you were Power Production in the past. And yes, it is a new profile; I had an old account a long while back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    You mentioned you were Power Production in the past. And yes, it is a new profile; I had an old account a long while back.
    :car Was it 'armoured plated too'? Like a 3/12 model...forum style...? :lock1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobotChicken View Post
    :car Was it 'armoured plated too'? Like a 3/12 model...forum style...? :lock1
    :couch2 .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:cry Diapers no doubt for the 'auspuf'. :hurt