Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SERE the gender neutral standard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: SERE the gender neutral standard?

Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler View Post
    i'm so tired of the BS.. battlefield airmen is such choad terminology. who gives a sh*t what peoples jobs are as long as they do them well and contribute. if finance helps me out then they're as important as anyone. and i know finance people who've convoyed all over afghanistan supporting the mission. that's a lot more time on the battlefield then most pj's spend looking at it from above. aside from select missions do some female combat medics in the army not do the same exact missions? and let's go to the next branch.. who spends more time on the battlefield.. navy corpsmen or pj's? a job is a job is a job. the marines got it right with no special hats and patches and BS except for a few exceptions. is navy eod any better than army or air force eod because they got some extra schools? just questions for everyone to ask themselves. for you as an MTi, no one down the road will care about what kind of hat you wore.. they will remember you as the person who taught them how to be an Airman and if you did that well.
    Your understanding of the PJ career field is laughable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akruse View Post
    Your understanding of the PJ career field is laughable.
    i don't need to have an understanding of your careerfield any greater than any other to appreciate it. but i definitely have a grasp of who on a typical day assumes the most risk. and it's usually the standard issue nothing fancy marine/army grunts. everyone else is just support including myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i don't need to have an understanding of your careerfield any greater than any other to appreciate it. but i definitely have a grasp of who on a typical day assumes the most risk. and it's usually the standard issue nothing fancy marine/army grunts. everyone else is just support including myself.
    I'm not a PJ. The good majority of PJs on the battlefield have nothing to do with helicopters unless it is putting them on the X. You are comparing a finance troop's day to day risk factors compared to your typical PJ. Got it. All I need to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not a PJ. You are comparing a finance troop's day to day risk factors compared to your typical PJ. Got it. All I need to know.
    I do not believe you are understanding the risks that Finance "troops" face on a day-to-day basis. I heard of a Finance "troop" who accidentally spilled an extra-hot venti latte all over him when returning from the office coffee run. Do you even know the risks involved with a Finance "troop's" Facebook account when it is left unlocked and unattended because they have to help a customer at the service desk? I also once saw a Finance "troop" have to remove their ABU top in a deployed environment because the air conditioning stopped working in their office.

How dare you assume so lightly, sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not a PJ. The good majority of PJs on the battlefield have nothing to do with helicopters unless it is putting them on the X. You are comparing a finance troop's day to day risk factors compared to your typical PJ. Got it. All I need to know.
    i'm not gonna throw any insults your way. but with what i said is that what you took away from it? my point was all careerfields are important and anyone can find themselves in pretty undesireable circumstances doing their part even if it's not common. my point was this.. the longer i stay in the more i appreciate everyone. i appreciate people who do their job well regardless of how flashy. if someone can't shoot but can take care of my family when they need it or help me out then they're as valuable as anyone. so yes the term battlefield airman irks me, because what i was trying to point out with the finance example was even they can be out talking with the locals doing their part. yes.. pj's are a class act and may bring a lot of extra skills to the table but i don't value them more than any other medics. i've derailed this topic enough.. if you reply i'll read it but won't be responding. back to gender neutral standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm not gonna throw any insults your way. but with what i said is that what you took away from it? my point was all careerfields are important and anyone can find themselves in pretty undesireable circumstances doing their part even if it's not common. my point was this.. the longer i stay in the more i appreciate everyone. i appreciate people who do their job well regardless of how flashy. if someone can't shoot but can take care of my family when they need it or help me out then they're as valuable as anyone. so yes the term battlefield airman irks me, because what i was trying to point out with the finance example was even they can be out talking with the locals doing their part. yes.. pj's are a class act and may bring a lot of extra skills to the table but i don't value them more than any other medics. i've derailed this topic enough.. if you reply i'll read it but won't be responding. back to gender neutral standards.
    Everyone gets a trophy. Copy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The longer you stay in, the more you should come to realize that some career fields simply do more and deserve more than others. It is not wrong and it is not an insult to other AFSC's to hold other career fields in higher esteem for what they do.

I appreciate Finance for paying me correctly every so often, but nothing they do as a career field will compare to what special operators do. I am thankful for the Civil Engineers who keep the water flowing and the electricity humming, but does it compare to the F-15 Strike Eagle driver who knocks a MiG or two out of the sky en-route to a strike mission in enemy territory (yes, last air-to-air kill was in the 90s; got it!)?

Point is that not everyone deserves a trophy or even the same amount of respect. Honestly, not everyone needs to be worrying about what the hell everyone else is doing! If Air Force career fields would start looking inward and improving their own practices and developing their own personnel to be expert technicians instead of average generalists, and STOP worrying about how big of a d*ck the other career field has, perhaps the world of the USAF would be a happier place.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    The longer you stay in, the more you should come to realize that some career fields simply do more and deserve more than others. It is not wrong and it is not an insult to other AFSC's to hold other career fields in higher esteem for what they do.

I appreciate Finance for paying me correctly every so often, but nothing they do as a career field will compare to what special operators do. I am thankful for the Civil Engineers who keep the water flowing and the electricity humming, but does it compare to the F-15 Strike Eagle driver who knocks a MiG or two out of the sky en-route to a strike mission in enemy territory (yes, last air-to-air kill was in the 90s; got it!)?

Point is that not everyone deserves a trophy or even the same amount of respect. Honestly, not everyone needs to be worrying about what the hell everyone else is doing! If Air Force career fields would start looking inward and improving their own practices and developing their own personnel to be expert technicians instead of average generalists, and STOP worrying about how big of a d*ck the other career field has, perhaps the world of the USAF would be a happier place.
    Some career fields "deserve" more? Really? I'll agree that some are more directly involved in the war effort. Some are in danger more often. But they "deserve" more of what? The only thing combat related career fields deserve more of is combat medals. And that's only if they do something above and beyond their job description.

Of course not everyone deserves a trophy. Being in a combat AFSC does not change that fact. They may deserve more respect for putting their lives on the line more often (though I wouldn't say that combat pilots are doing so, especially in a world where there is no opposition Air Force). You mentioned the MiG. When's the last time one of our guys had to "knock a MiG or two out of the sky"?

JD2780

We deserve more and we are given more. Special duty pay, dive pay, jump pay. None of the battlefield airmen really refer to themselves as "battlefield airmen". Thats big wigs that like using that phrase. Its dumb. Also that persons comprehension of the PJ mission and exposure is quite a bit off. There are some careerfields that get berets and I wonder why they do. Oh well not my call. Keep it real homies.