Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Feinstin says were all mental

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Feinstin says were all mental

Feinstein basically said all veterans have PTSD and should have their Second Amendment stripped. In response to the amendment, she said the following:

…this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was effect… and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Feinstin says were all mental

I love how she says that PTSD is a new thing. Does she mean it's only recently been recognized or does she mean that nobody had it before the recent wars?

Feinstein is an idiot. This is from a long term lack of oxygen to the brain from having her face buried in Barbara's "Box"er.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it's an individual who is using the mainstream media as a megaphone to advance their own agenda.

Consider the sources where this is regarded as "news."

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mc...rans+have+PTSD

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TSgt"M" View Post
    Feinstein basically said all veterans have PTSD and should have their Second Amendment stripped. In response to the amendment, she said the following:

…this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was effect… and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.
    Where did she say ALL veterans are like this? If you're diagnosed with a mental disorder, be it PTSD or something else - yes, one could make a good case you wouldn't necessarily be a responsible gun owner. Though that would the agenda of "putting a gun in every household."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:clock Next she will want to ban all men from military service BEcause THEY are responsible for 98% of Rapes and Pregnancies. :yield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll agree the sources are just a little on the fringe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So it's okay for these men and women to carry fully automatic weapons on a daily basis in a war zone, but they are not competent enough to own their semi-automatic counterparts at home? I call bullshit.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpotsie View Post
    So it's okay for these men and women to carry fully automatic weapons on a daily basis in a war zone, but they are not competent enough to own their semi-automatic counterparts at home? I call bullshit.
    well its ok for an 18 year old to carry a handgun for military duties, but cant possess one outside of the military. Shitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I did hear her say it actually. I watched the whole damn committee hearing last night all 1 hour and 43 minutes of it. Luckily I was at home and got to do some research about her bill while hearing it. She is utterly bat shit crazy. She is claiming that everyone who has ever seen combat has PTSD, and that we can't have weapons due to that PTSD.

Also the 100+ weapons she is trying to ban is anything that can fit 10 rounds or more. As well as just having a pistol grip makes it a "Assualt Weapon". So basically that Home Defense Shotgun with a pistol grip I just bought is going to be off limits. She is a cunt can go fuck herself

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERFX1024 View Post
    Well I did hear her say it actually. I watched the whole damn committee hearing last night all 1 hour and 43 minutes of it. Luckily I was at home and got to do some research about her bill while hearing it. She is utterly bat shit crazy. She is claiming that everyone who has ever seen combat has PTSD, and that we can't have weapons due to that PTSD.

Also the 100+ weapons she is trying to ban is anything that can fit 10 rounds or more. As well as just having a pistol grip makes it a "Assualt Weapon". So basically that Home Defense Shotgun with a pistol grip I just bought is going to be off limits. She is can go fuck herself
    She DOES make me proud to be from California.