Thread: Finally a PCS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally a PCS.

Got Kun...

Anyone else get any assignments?
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Re: Finally a PCS.

Ewwwwwwwwww......sorry there ol chap. But if it's a means to an end then congrats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluecyclone1 View Post
    Ewwwwwwwwww......sorry there ol chap. But if it's a means to an end then congrats.
    It is actually...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got picked up for Mildenhall. Should be the happiest day of my life but that's not how the Air Force works. 7 years I've been trying to claw my way out of this North Dakota hell hole. Denied BOP's, denied overseas assignments (got picked up for Kunsan 2 years ago and that got cancelled, not by me), I've had worldwide volunteer for years, denied cross training, was about to volunteer for a 365 then got assignment coded so I couldn't go anywhere. A few months ago I get in touch with my functional and I'm basically told, "sorry bud, you're stuck there due to manning". I've been hearing this "manning" excuse for years. So I called AFPC's bluff on this "manning" crap, and turned in an MTI package last week. I figured with all the non-vol'd stuff going on lately this was pretty much guaranteed. Now all of a sudden manning is good enough for me to get an assignment to Mildenhall? GTFO.

Anyways, I've mind f*cked myself into really looking forward and getting excited to be an MTI although I haven't heard anything back yet. Now I don't know what to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to Minot....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My condolences to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    I'm going to Minot....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMagic View Post
    Got picked up for Mildenhall. Should be the happiest day of my life but that's not how the Air Force works. 7 years I've been trying to claw my way out of this North Dakota hell hole. Denied BOP's, denied overseas assignments (got picked up for Kunsan 2 years ago and that got cancelled, not by me), I've had worldwide volunteer for years, denied cross training, was about to volunteer for a 365 then got assignment coded so I couldn't go anywhere. A few months ago I get in touch with my functional and I'm basically told, "sorry bud, you're stuck there due to manning". I've been hearing this "manning" excuse for years. So I called AFPC's bluff on this "manning" crap, and turned in an MTI package last week. I figured with all the non-vol'd stuff going on lately this was pretty much guaranteed. Now all of a sudden manning is good enough for me to get an assignment to Mildenhall? GTFO.

Anyways, I've mind f*cked myself into really looking forward and getting excited to be an MTI although I haven't heard anything back yet. Now I don't know what to do.
    I started a TI package myself like just started and it didnt go my way. I'd just go to Mildenhall doesnt sound as much fun with the scandal going on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Non volunteered to Guam. Not happy as I liked it here, but there are certainly much worse places to be. This will be my second time there.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMagic View Post

England is a great assignment. I hear you on that you wanted to be an MTI...but you can go to London for the weekend. Or Scotland. England was a lot of fun for me.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Has there been any talk about how PCS moves could be delayed or cancelled with the cuts happening? Furloughs may take a while to enact, but a PCS is relatively easy to cancel.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke