Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally a PCS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Finally a PCS.

How are other bases handling the retainability requirements for overseas assignments with the milpds system being down? I visited MPF or force support or whatever they're calling themselves now and they told me not to worry about it and to come back in April. Now, normally you have a period of time, and I can't remember what, to get the retainability or you're considered to have refused the assignment. Which in today's AF would resut in a DOS rollback and separation. So understandably I'm a bit concerned.

And no, before anyone chimes in, I found out about the overseas assignment on Friday nor did I volunteer for it. I had no way of knowing I'd be picked up when I was, so I couldn't have done it earlier prior to the upgrade.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is it down? How long will this last? What's the overall impact?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Why is it down? How long will this last? What's the overall impact?
    Www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123338605 is all I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant eNYgma View Post
    Though that sounds quite bad I can't do it. I'll finally escape from here after 2 cancelled deployments and a cancelled PCS.
    Be careful then, and stay off people's radar there...especially to the unit you're going to. Leadership there eats their young.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMagic View Post
    Got picked up for Mildenhall. Should be the happiest day of my life but that's not how the Air Force works. 7 years I've been trying to claw my way out of this North Dakota hell hole. Denied BOP's, denied overseas assignments (got picked up for Kunsan 2 years ago and that got cancelled, not by me), I've had worldwide volunteer for years, denied cross training, was about to volunteer for a 365 then got assignment coded so I couldn't go anywhere. A few months ago I get in touch with my functional and I'm basically told, "sorry bud, you're stuck there due to manning". I've been hearing this "manning" excuse for years. So I called AFPC's bluff on this "manning" crap, and turned in an MTI package last week. I figured with all the non-vol'd stuff going on lately this was pretty much guaranteed. Now all of a sudden manning is good enough for me to get an assignment to Mildenhall? GTFO.

Anyways, I've mind f*cked myself into really looking forward and getting excited to be an MTI although I haven't heard anything back yet. Now I don't know what to do.
    Fail a PT test and get out of it. Go to Mildenhall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    How are other bases handling the retainability requirements for overseas assignments with the milpds system being down? I visited MPF or force support or whatever they're calling themselves now and they told me not to worry about it and to come back in April. Now, normally you have a period of time, and I can't remember what, to get the retainability or you're considered to have refused the assignment. Which in today's AF would resut in a DOS rollback and separation. So understandably I'm a bit concerned.

And no, before anyone chimes in, I found out about the overseas assignment on Friday nor did I volunteer for it. I had no way of knowing I'd be picked up when I was, so I couldn't have done it earlier prior to the upgrade.
    Interesting day today. I heard back from myPERS (an online personnel site with a question function) that I needed to reup within 30 days of being notified. Told me to go to MPS and gave the AFI reference. They can do the paperwork, then just update ,iDS when it comes online. I, go with that in hand to MPS. Same story, flat refusal from the NCOIC. So I go back to the squadron and email the shirt the situation, plus the myPERS answer. Within 30 minutes I'm told to go back to MPS and was able to start the paperwork, which I did.

I get waiting on stuff that you can (I have a dec from down range that will be updated in April), but they're messing with careers here and going against what AFPC/myPERS is saying. How many people have they turned away already? Good grief.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    Be careful then, and stay off people's radar there...especially to the unit you're going to. Leadership there eats their young.
    Ouch. Damning. +Plus