Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally a PCS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Finally a PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMagic View Post
    Anyways, I've mind f*cked myself into really looking forward and getting excited to be an MTI although I haven't heard anything back yet. Now I don't know what to do.
    Sorry to hear they pulled the old reverse phsychology switcharoo on you. Not sure what you mean about "what to do." Unless you're over 20 (which I'm suspecting you don't or that would rule you out for the TI gig) or don't have retainability and will choose to separate, it appears that choice has been made for you.

Given they've got the non-vol MTI process in place and moving, I would be inclined to believe your application will be dropped now that you have an assignment... but I could be wrong. If you're still interested in going that route, start making some phone calls, as the clock is ticking.

Best of luck either way... England is nice, I'd personally take that option!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be an MTI in England...
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Got picked up for Mildenhall. Should be the happiest day of my life but that's not how the Air Force works. 7 years I've been trying to claw my way out of this North Dakota hell hole. Denied BOP's, denied overseas assignments (got picked up for Kunsan 2 years ago and that got cancelled, not by me), I've had worldwide volunteer for years, denied cross training, was about to volunteer for a 365 then got assignment coded so I couldn't go anywhere. A few months ago I get in touch with my functional and I'm basically told, "sorry bud, you're stuck there due to manning". I've been hearing this "manning" excuse for years. So I called AFPC's bluff on this "manning" crap, and turned in an MTI package last week. I figured with all the non-vol'd stuff going on lately this was pretty much guaranteed. Now all of a sudden manning is good enough for me to get an assignment to Mildenhall? GTFO.

Anyways, I've mind f*cked myself into really looking forward and getting excited to be an MTI although I haven't heard anything back yet. Now I don't know what to do.
    Good news is you've got an assignment to England. My recommendation is to get there at the earliest possible date so once you've signed on base, they won't move you. England is a great assignment and you'll have plenty of opportunity to see the country. The local area is farming country the town of Mildenhall is nice and you have some larger towns nearby.

Enjoy your tour in England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant eNYgma View Post
    Got Kun...

Anyone else get any assignments?
    Do you mean Kunsan? That's the better one of the Korea assignments, from what I heard over the years. Not as nice as Osan, but it's more of a family environment and not like Osan, where it's every man for himself and an exercise every 2 weeks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

BTW, when you are boned...I mean non-volunteered, you still get the "Congatulations. You have been slected" email. News flash, AFPC: if you're non vol'd congratulations isn't appropriate. The member did not want to go but you have to send them. "We regret to inform you..." would be a better option. Or even a blanket "You have been selected".

That has actually made me madder than the assignment. Congratulatuons...yeah NOT SO MUCH.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Got picked up for Mildenhall. Should be the happiest day of my life but that's not how the Air Force works. 7 years I've been trying to claw my way out of this North Dakota hell hole. Denied BOP's, denied overseas assignments (got picked up for Kunsan 2 years ago and that got cancelled, not by me), I've had worldwide volunteer for years, denied cross training, was about to volunteer for a 365 then got assignment coded so I couldn't go anywhere. A few months ago I get in touch with my functional and I'm basically told, "sorry bud, you're stuck there due to manning". I've been hearing this "manning" excuse for years. So I called AFPC's bluff on this "manning" crap, and turned in an MTI package last week. I figured with all the non-vol'd stuff going on lately this was pretty much guaranteed. Now all of a sudden manning is good enough for me to get an assignment to Mildenhall? GTFO.

Great assignment. While it is true that you probably would've gotten more trim as a TI. Mildenhall is also good pickins. The Wimmins is better lookin at Mildenhall. But, it's just not as good a numbers game. Rainmaker know right now it probably feels like Majic Man missing out on a great opportunity to be pushing flights of horny teenaged split tails through Basic. Rainmaker advice is to stick with England and make the most of it anyway and try for the TI thing later. Lackland will always be there. The beauty is you keep gettin older and they keep stayin the same age. Nomsayin??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant eNYgma View Post
    Got Kun...

Anyone else get any assignments?
    See a doctor and get rid of it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

What's your job, if you don't mind me asking? Mildenhall is great. Did it twice. Loved it both times. The only downside, to me, is that it's now mandatory for newcomers to live in base housing. That's the last I heard anyway. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Become friends with Ryan Air quickly.

Junior Member Airman of Darkness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    What's your job, if you don't mind me asking? Mildenhall is great. Did it twice. Loved it both times. The only downside, to me, is that it's now mandatory for newcomers to live in base housing. That's the last I heard anyway. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Become friends with Ryan Air quickly.
    only newcomers WITH FAMILIES have to life in base housing at the Mildenhall and the Lakenheaths, MR. BUDDY GUY.

dont worry he wont get his precious assignment. thanks to sequestering and budget issues, ALL PCS MOVES WILL BE FROZEN. IF YOU ARE IN KOREA, GET USED TO IT. GIT R DUN!!! :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleDragger View Post
    Be an MTI in England...
    LOL...I choose this ^. Anyways, when I sat down and checked my email I also had an email from the MTI folks saying that I passed their review board and that I was able to get released from my AFSC. But I needed to call them cause there was a "problem". The problem being the Mildenhall assignment. According to them it is up to me to decide now.

Ummm yeah, I choose Mildenhall. Can't pass up that opportunity. IF this falls through for some reason at least I know I'm good to go on the MTI front. Either way, I need to get the hell out of this tundra hell.

I'm single and more than likely will be living off base.