Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 113

Thread: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

  1. #21
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    Quoting myself: "...there are as many hateful, vile conservatives as there are liberals."

    My response was to the assertion that liberals make mean, racist, etc., comments about conservatives. I contend that BOTH sides do it and for the most part, I am as offended by the comments from supposed-liberals as I am from mean-spirited comments by conservatives.
    I like how you call them "supposed-liberals" but not "supposed-conservatives". Interesting.

  2. #22
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    James, you confuse 'sexuality' with sex. It is very difficult to separate who you love, want to build family and community with, share all that is what creates 'marriage' i.e., house w/ mortgage, bills, vacations, etc., and not have it be about your personhood. If you are able to do this, create this separate "experience" while supporting that which codifies discrimination, it's compartmentalization of the highest order, not all together different than many German soldiers during WWII and the "Good German" citizens that allowed the rise of Hitler and denial of the genocide of Jews. (There I've done it--Godwin's Law)
    Or the Christians who are "tolerant" of things they are taught not to be?

    "Personhood" is about sexuality and all of the many features and qualities that make us individuals and human beings.
    I'm just glad to know that personhood is the only factor I need to worry about when I vote. I don't need to use any sense. I don't need to put any thought into it. I just need to vote for the person/party that most closely represents me. So I'm guessing that I should ALWAYS vote for the white guy, no matter what, because that's what my "personhood" relates easiest to. I don't need to listen to any other issues except the ones that effect straight white guys.

  3. #23
    Senior Member F4CrewChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco (Big Surprise)
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Thanks again for a reasonable post (and once again for your avatar - God I wish those pics were bigger).
    Here ya go buddy. Bigger.

    by F4CrewChick, on Flickr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

    -David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

  4. #24
    Senior Member F4CrewChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco (Big Surprise)
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Did you mean this one?

    Tales of Revenge by F4CrewChick, on Flickr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

    -David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

  5. #25
    Senior Member F4CrewChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco (Big Surprise)
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I like --conservatives ou call them "supposed-liberals" but not "supposed-conservatives". Interesting.
    However biased it may appear, 'liberals' by definition are supposed to be tolerant; conservatives have no such "requirement."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

    -David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

  6. #26
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    However biased it may appear, 'liberals' by definition are supposed to be tolerant; conservatives have no such "requirement."
    That's a big misconception that has led to problems with our political system. A liberal could easily be a fiscal liberal but still be socially conservative and a conservative can be a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. At some point in recent history, we have decided that if you are liberal fiscally you must be liberal socially, and the same for conservatives. That's why we have so few "moderates" anymore.

    edit: It's the same reason that the term "liberal" has become synonymous with "democrat" and "conservative" with "republican". One can be a liberal republican or a conservative democrat.

  7. #27
    Senior Member F4CrewChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco (Big Surprise)
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Or the Christians who are "tolerant" of things they are taught not to be?

    I'm just glad to know that personhood is the only factor I need to worry about when I vote. I don't need to use any sense. I don't need to put any thought into it. I just need to vote for the person/party that most closely represents me. So I'm guessing that I should ALWAYS vote for the white guy, no matter what, because that's what my "personhood" relates easiest to. I don't need to listen to any other issues except the ones that effect straight white guys.
    Weird the way you picked apart what I said and applied it in ways never intended by the original statement. Where did I say you should not think when voting or vote only for straight, white guys? Like I said, weird.

    My final sentence sums up what I'm saying. Again, "Personhood" is about sexuality and all of the many features and qualities that make us individuals and human beings."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

    -David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

  8. #28
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    Weird the way you picked apart what I said and applied it in ways never intended by the original statement. Where did I say you should not think when voting or vote only for straight, white guys? Like I said, weird.
    Because you said the only thing that matters for you when you vote is if the candidate/party appears to be tolerant/accepting of the gay community. You said that even if you agreed with 100 out of 101 ideas of the other side, the only thing that matters is if they show support of gays because you could not vote for a party that doesn't show that support of your "personhood". So, on the flipside, that means that I should only vote for the people who I feel support and represent my personhood. No need for me to think about ALL the issues, only if they show support/tolerance/acceptance of straight white males (my "personhood").

  9. #29
    Senior Member F4CrewChick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco (Big Surprise)
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Because you said the only thing that matters for you when you vote is if the candidate/party appears to be tolerant/accepting of the gay community. You said that even if you agreed with 100 out of 101 ideas of the other side, the only thing that matters is if they show support of gays because you could not vote for a party that doesn't show that support of your "personhood". So, on the flipside, that means that I should only vote for the people who I feel support and represent my personhood. No need for me to think about ALL the issues, only if they show support/tolerance/acceptance of straight white males (my "personhood").
    SJ you're being all troll-y with this insistence that personhood is defined by parameters as limited as sex, race, national identity or whatever.

    per·son·hood(pûrsn-hd)n.The state or condition of being a person, especially having those qualities that confer distinct individuality: "finding her own personhood as a campus activist" (Walter Shapiro).



    Agreeing with 100 items on an agenda is irrelevant if the 101st denies my equality in all areas under the law.

    [This is the 4th time I have written this response (the other 3 were longer and more eloquent) but every time I post it, almost all the text is absent]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

    -David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

  10. #30
    Banned sandsjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,984
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Gay Conservative: Boycott CPAC until they accept gays

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    SJ you're being all trolly with this insistence that personhood is defined by parameters as limited as sex, race, national identity or whatever.
    No, I'm not. You are the one who said that you couldn't see voting, or understand how any gay person could, for the GOP based on their supposed views of gays. You said you couldn't vote for someone who attacked your personhood. Even if you supported the other 100 items (which also relate to your overall personhood), you couldn't do it because of their views of gays. So if you were referring to personhood as all those other things that make up your person, then how can you not understand how another gay person could vote for the GOP if they feel the other 100 items have a positive effect on their personhood just because they are gay?

    edit: BTW, you've been missed around here. You need to drop by way more often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •