Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The new food service and dining hall plans at some Air Force bases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The new food service and dining hall plans at some Air Force bases

Guess Elmendorf's dining hall is the exception to the rule! It started the Food Transformation Initiative in the fall of 2010 and the food service folks were promised to learn the business, be certified chefs, etc. Most of us, including myself, were not too impressed with the way Aramark conducted business and it seems that company had more managers than worker bees. Nevertheless, the dining hall has always had numerous retirees eating there, some active duty with their families, Army people coming all the way from the Fort Richardson side, and so on. Some of the cooks there are government workers paid good money and have the skills to provide a fine meal, but they have pretty much shrugged off the transformation plan and just done things the way they did before, with a union backing them up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    Guess Elmendorf's dining hall is the exception to the rule! It started the Food Transformation Initiative in the fall of 2010 and the food service folks were promised to learn the business, be certified chefs, etc. Most of us, including myself, were not too impressed with the way Aramark conducted business and it seems that company had more managers than worker bees. Nevertheless, the dining hall has always had numerous retirees eating there, some active duty with their families, Army people coming all the way from the Fort Richardson side, and so on. Some of the cooks there are government workers paid good money and have the skills to provide a fine meal, but they have pretty much shrugged off the transformation plan and just done things the way they did before, with a union backing them up
    What is the name of the dining hall you're referring to? In the 1970s I was aboard a VC-135A with the U.S. ambassador to Korea and CINCUNC on a flight from Kimpo to Andrews. They did not need to stop at Elmendorf for fuel but they did stop there for the food. Not sure whether it was a club or a dining hall or what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    What is the name of the dining hall you're referring to? In the 1970s I was aboard a VC-135A with the U.S. ambassador to Korea and CINCUNC on a flight from Kimpo to Andrews. They did not need to stop at Elmendorf for fuel but they did stop there for the food. Not sure whether it was a club or a dining hall or what.
    It is called the Iditarod Dining Facility.

http://ebooks.aqppublishing.com/publ...0Guide/#page54
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings