Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you know one of these?

JD2780

Re: Do you know one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    No one gets screwed more than MX when it comes to decs.

CES is a close second.
    Maybe is MX wasnt bitching all the time. Why would you give a guy an award that bitches constantly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love talking about how I got an MSM as a young Captain:

It started out as a test to see exactly how lazy my Lt Col boss was. When I was approaching my PCS, he asked me for decoration inputs. Rather than give him a sheetfull of bullets, I gave him a complete MSM package ready for coordination. He should have reformatted and submitted the the package as an AFCM. But I knew he was too lazy to do that, so he submitted the MSM package as is. It sailed through all the way to the FOA HQ where it was approved and showed up at my next assignment. The dec definitely made a positive impression on the new commander, but I downplayed it because I knew the true reason why I got it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chipotleboy View Post
    I love talking about how I got an MSM as a young Captain:

It started out as a test to see exactly how lazy my Lt Col boss was. When I was approaching my PCS, he asked me for decoration inputs. Rather than give him a sheetfull of bullets, I gave him a complete MSM package ready for coordination. He should have reformatted and submitted the the package as an AFCM. But I knew he was too lazy to do that, so he submitted the MSM package as is. It sailed through all the way to the FOA HQ where it was approved and showed up at my next assignment. The dec definitely made a positive impression on the new commander, but I downplayed it because I knew the true reason why I got it.
    I'm thinking that may be the key to success: submit what you want as a fait accompli and most bosses will be too lazy to make changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    I'm thinking that may be the key to success: submit what you want as a fait accompli and most bosses will be too lazy to make changes.
    I do that with all of my EPR's, markings included. Nothing changes from my draft to the completed form.

Have I told anyone about the time I was awarded the MOVSM?:lol Don't even get me started on the GUC.:suspicious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PortDawg2T2 View Post
    I do that with all of my EPR's, markings included. Nothing changes from my draft to the completed form.

Have I told anyone about the time I was awarded the MOVSM?:lol Don't even get me started on the GUC.:suspicious
    Aw. I want to hear about the MOVSM and get you started on the GUC. Will it help with the IBA in the AOR?