Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know one of these?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you know one of these?

From the duffel blog:

BOSTON, MA – The top administrative soldier at the Massachusetts Army National Guard’s 215th Military Police Battalion never misses an opportunity to mention her Bronze Star citation during conversations both on and off duty, according to official sources.

Captain Lori Stewart, the battalion S1 officer, earned the award last year on deployment to Afghanistan.

“Captain Stewart’s a pretty good S1,” reported her battalion executive officer, Major Michael Sullivan, “but to hear her talk about her time down range [in Afghanistan], you’d think she got a fucking Distinguished Service Cross or something. I mean, shit, she was a battalion S1 who never left the wire. If I knew how she’d act afterwards, I’d have submitted her for a fucking ARCOM.”

Her battalion commander, Lieutenant Colonel Patrick Clancy, agreed with his XO.

“Lori did a good job making sure reports and awards got processed on time and to standard, but recommending her for that Bronze Star was about the dumbest thing I did in Afghanistan. One weekend a month and two weeks in the summer, I have to hear her constantly quoting the damn award write-up that Major Sullivan pulled out of his ass whenever there is a group of two or more people gathered together.”
    http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/02/ba...-conversation/

Had an old supervisor who got a bronze star... and hung out with an SF team in Haiti. Deployed Twice to Bagdad.

How do I know these three facts? Because she would bring it up in literally just about every conversation throughout the day. Even to random people who called the office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Do you know one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    From the duffel blog:

Had an old supervisor who got a bronze star... and hung out with an SF team in Haiti. Deployed Twice to Bagdad.

How do I know these three facts? Because she would bring it up in literally just about every conversation throughout the day. Even to random people who called the office.
    Clearly not the reason the bronze star was created.

From the duffel blog:

Worked with a guy who always talked about his damn jump wings. Anytime he came across someone with wings, he always had to ask them what school they went to and talk about how he earned his. It got to the point where I accurately predicated when he would mention his wings.

Had a PME classmate who always mentioned his accomplishments as examples during class discussions. Dude was a straight douche who was not shy to toot his own horn. He pretty much had his own brass ensemble anytime he talked. I can't remember the fucker's name but I sure as hell remember that he made E-6 in 9 years, had 2 bachelors, and was almost done with his masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    more accomplishments equals more douchery
    So THAT'S why staff offices smell so vinegarry! I thought it was because everyone there ate salads for bfast and lunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People are just jealous. I know I mentioned my 2 AFAMs quite frequently during my career and some would get their panties in a wad over having to hear all about my heroics. I would have also bragged about how I earned my Air & Space campaign medal but I'm not really allowed to talk about it.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never pass up the chance to talk about my National Defense Service Medal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is interesting....I don't know that I do. I have some medals that I am more proud of than others but the only story I ever tell about them is that I got my first MSM with a sticky note on my desk (the second one I got electronically but that isn't as amusing). If asked I can tell how/where I got pretty much all of them (the outstanding unit ones-not so much but can give a resonable estimation). As someone that interfaces with the general public on a regular and in blues, it does get asked-more than you might think.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of our platoon sergeants at Marine Combat Training (School that you go to right after Basic training) in San Diego told everybody he killed four Iraqis by stabbing them with a guidon. Morons believed him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate when people bring up pointless information in the conversation just to sound cool. It reminds me of the time I was jumping out of a plane because I was the only person certified to jump and scuba dive in the unit and ended up earning the Medal of Honor, and this loadmaster was talking about his silly good conduct medal.
    Five Meters of Voided Space.

One of our platoon sergeants at Marine Combat Training (School that you go to right after Basic training) in San Diego told everybody he killed four Iraqis by stabbing them with a guidon. Morons believed him too.
    If he would have done it while hanging out the window of a HMMWV traveling at oh 50 MPH, that would have been worth hearing about. You know, some old school medieval gangsta impale a mothafukka with a stick shit yo.