Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaken's Question of the Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Shaken's Question of the Day

We are all so quick to jump on screw ups in the Air Force...but it seems we seldom stop to think about how we may have screwed up and just not gotten caught.

So let's say that in some Big Brother type way the Air Force knew immediately when you had done something that was a UCMJ violation or against the law or whatever... Would you still be in? Or would you have been able to retire? Or would you be among those who were on the Rollback?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Insert clever quote here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Shaken's Question of the Day

I've offered several times to tell the story of the time the whore broke the mirror over George's head but no one seems to want to know about it.

JD2780

I was young and stupid so I would've pulled through. It would've been tough but survivable. Reduction to E-2 most likely.

I had been drinking on a sunday night, my buddy said he needed to go to bed and kicked me out of his apartment. I drove home BACK ON TO BASE like an idiot. I made it through the gate, and back up to my room. Had I been stopped I would've been in a world of hurt, had the cops been paying attention I wouldve been in a world of hurt. I endangered the lives of a bunch of people on base, I endangered the lifes of people between honolulu and Hickam AFB. No excuse for what I did. Even being booted out of his apartment I could've still got a cab, couldve slept in my car, had somebody come and get me. I didnt choose wisely.

Thats why I'm so hard on people that do it, because I dont want them to think its OK. I'm embarassed when I tell that story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not a chance...I would have been GONE...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    I was young and stupid so I would've pulled through. It would've been tough but survivable. Reduction to E-2 most likely.

I had been drinking on a sunday night, my buddy said he needed to go to bed and kicked me out of his apartment. I drove home BACK ON TO BASE like an idiot. I made it through the gate, and back up to my room. Had I been stopped I would've been in a world of hurt, had the cops been paying attention I wouldve been in a world of hurt. I endangered the lives of a bunch of people on base, I endangered the lifes of people between honolulu and Hickam AFB. No excuse for what I did. Even being booted out of his apartment I could've still got a cab, couldve slept in my car, had somebody come and get me. I didnt choose wisely.

Thats why I'm so hard on people that do it, because I dont want them to think its OK. I'm embarassed when I tell that story.
    Don't be...one of my escapades as an A1C was a whole lot worse. If it wasn't for a fellow A1C saving my ass I wouldn't be here to even talk about it. In an ironic twist he was later kicked out. I always felt bad that I made it through the first 4 years thanks to him but he was chucked out. OK...he was chucked out for smoking dope after he PCS'd but still...I owe the guy my life.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    So let's say that in some Big Brother type way the Air Force knew immediately when you had done something that was a UCMJ violation or against the law or whatever...
    Not sure if this is a "tongue-in-cheek" reference to social media. If it is, I advise my peers/troops to steer away from "public" social media. Most don't listen. Some get caught being dumb.

If it is genuinely hypothetical...most of the USAF would be in deep trouble at some point. We are human. We make mistakes.

No, I will not admit anything here:gossip
    Must be nice to have breakfest with family....Maintenance guys have got it made-BRUWIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive seen too many other people do something stupid that has hurt their careers. From day one I was paraniod that I would do something stupid and get kicked out. That has helped me stay out of any serious trouble from day one. The only things I have gotten away with would have gotten me paperwork but nothing more serious than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I should have and could have been kicked out several times. I escaped without ever even receiving a LOC. The only time I didn't make a serious enough UCMJ violation to be kicked out was my last 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post

Wow your buddy sucked as a wingman for kicking you out of his apt knowing you had been drinking.

All the shit I did as a young airman, I would definitely have been kicked out within the first 2 years of my enlistment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you commit a UCMJ violation in the forest and there's no witnesses or evidence, has an offense against good order and discipline occurred?