Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shaken's Question of the Day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Shaken's Question of the Day

I won't admit to anything I did but I will say I called first sergeants to come get bonehead troops (well over 200 times in 20 years) for incidents so stupid it was not worth completing all of the paperwork for charges under the UCMJ. First Sergeant simply wrote up a LOR, informed the CC and the troop went on with their career. I did get a couple of first sergeants tell me the troop was garbage and UCMJ charges would be the best resolution for the troop and the AF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggawatt View Post
    Ain't that the truth! When I was a young E-3 stationed in England, I slept over a girl's house and over slept by something like an hour. OMG, when I woke up I thought I was gonna be finished! I was thinking, art 15, discharge all for being late. I raced to work and profusely apologized for being late. The TSgt in the shop was laughing and was like don't worry about it. Shit happens.
    LOL similar to that I overslept one day and woke up thinking the world is going to end. Same deal as you raced to work like a bat out of hell. Came in and went STRAIGHT to the flight commander's office to apologize. I reported in knock, salute, the whole deal. Once she was done looking at me like "WTF are you doing" she asked how my day was and just said report to your section. I thought i got off easy...man the good days lol.
    Formerly Enigmatic Airman...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    We are all so quick to jump on screw ups in the Air Force...but it seems we seldom stop to think about how we may have screwed up and just not gotten caught.

So let's say that in some Big Brother type way the Air Force knew immediately when you had done something that was a UCMJ violation or against the law or whatever... Would you still be in? Or would you have been able to retire? Or would you be among those who were on the Rollback?
    Rainmaker went to the Oracle at Gibtown and ask it. " Shaken wants to know, if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
    The Oracle reply: "Bitch Puh-leeze!"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

No shit truth here. I know I'd be gone. I once violated Article 92 by crossing the street after dark without a reflective belt on. Luckily, I wasn't hit by a car and nobody saw me (how could they without the belt on) so I was good to go. Skated outta that one unscathed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    No shit truth here. I know I'd be gone. I once violated Article 92 by crossing the street after dark without a reflective belt on. Luckily, I wasn't hit by a car and nobody saw me (how could they without the belt on) so I was good to go. Skated outta that one unscathed.
    The reflector belt is a reflection of what the Air Force is. Unfortunately.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well I was going to post a reply but common sense prevails I supposed. That saying comes mind ....let sleeping dogs lie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well I was going to post a reply but common sense prevails I suppose. That saying comes mind ....let sleeping dogs lie.