Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chief Cody spoke to a group of enlisted folks at MacDill today

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Chief Cody spoke to a group of enlisted folks at MacDill today

Quote Originally Posted by strataboomer View Post
    Strataboomer wonders if Rainmaker is a big of an idiot as he sounds. To infer that CMSAF Cody or CMSgt Cody violated group study rules is a a personal attack on the Chief and his wife. I have had the pleasure to have known each of the Chiefs and I can tell you that this assumption is wrong. I am dual mil and I can tell you that intergrity does not end once your at home.
    Before you make statements like this I would ask you to pull your head out of your arse.

That is all.
    Rainmaker implied. You inferred based on his implication. I'm sure RFD agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rainmaker implied. You inferred based on his implication. I'm sure RFD agrees.
    Implied....inferred.....tomato tomato....My point is that an attack one ones intergrity is uncalled for.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strataboomer View Post
    Strataboomer wonders if Rainmaker is a big of an idiot as he sounds. To infer that CMSAF Cody or CMSgt Cody violated group study rules is a a personal attack on the Chief and his wife. I have had the pleasure to have known each of the Chiefs and I can tell you that this assumption is wrong. I am dual mil and I can tell you that intergrity does not end once your at home.
    Before you make statements like this I would ask you to pull your head out of your arse.

That is all.
    Hopefully your buddies have thicker skin than you do. It's a public position so see Dr. Webster for the definiton of hyperbole before gettin your blue panties all wadded up.

I’ll have to take your word for it on Mil-Mil couples never discussing such matters as promotion testing at home. Rainmaker is sure that never happens. Rainmaker always figure if the AF wanted him to have a G.I. wife they would've issued him one.

But, while we’re on the subject of core values Slick. What kind of message does it send for a bunch of General Officers and their staffs to spend Tens of Thousands of dollars taking their annual trip to Disney World a week before a sequestration that will supposedly result in Tens of Thousands of Active duty troops getting involuntarily separated and nearly a Million DoD Civilian employees getting put on Leave without Pay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't seem to know the difference between "imply" and "infer," either.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Doesn't seem to know the difference between "imply" and "infer," either.
    I've almost given up on this uphill battle. Descriptivists will tell us words mean what we want them to mean, irrespective of the loss of nuance.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Rainmaker went to the Oracle at Gibtown and he asked it: Can you explain the difference between imply and infer?
    Oracle say: "What I look like a Gotdamn Thesaurus!?? Now put another quarter in the machine and get your nappy ass outta here bitch!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:doh Hey....whatever happened to 'Grammar Police', she get 'RIF 'ed' too? :horn