Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't the Army complain about things on these boards as much as the Air Force?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why doesn't the Army complain about things on these boards as much as the Air Force?

Seems to me you would all have FAR more to complain about. But I have also noticed having deployed with the Army that no matter what the situations, they yell first and ask questions later and have no sense of entitlement.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Why doesn't the Army complain about things on these boards as much as the Air For

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    Seems to me you would all have FAR more to complain about. But I have also noticed having deployed with the Army that no matter what the situations, they yell first and ask questions later and have no sense of entitlement.
    Interesting observation. Why do you suppose that is the case?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why doesn't the Army complain about things on these boards as much as the Air For

I would say it's a cultural thing. I think most of us going in knew that we wouldn't have the cushy living of some of the other branches. In the Army, or at least in Combat Arms, there's the practice of embracing the "suck." It's something of a point of pride in my Infantry company. Even when you're wet, muddy, tired, cold, etc you don't quit because you don't want to fail your buddies. I don't know that the Air Force has that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Guys..........all the 'stuff' aside. It is simple.

As to the actual question asked:

More AF members have daily and routine access to desktop computers then Army members.

Sorry it isn't a sexy and 'pop smoke, drive on' answer but it is what it is.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. My experience working with Army on a daily basis is that "Army Dumb" is the reason why they don't bitch and fuss the way our panty-waist blue-suiters do....they're too STUPID to collectively organize on a message board forum and complain about everything that's wrong with it. Don't mistake it for "professionalism"....not even in the slightest!
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

None of the answers provided here is accurate.

The truth is, nobody knows.

The ratio of participation is different on the Facebook pages for the four Military Times newspapers.

The Air Force section of these Forums is the anomaly but no one really can say why airmen post in these Forums when soldiers, sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    No. My experience working with Army on a daily basis is that "Army Dumb" is the reason why they don't bitch and fuss the way our panty-waist blue-suiters do....they're too STUPID to collectively organize on a message board forum and complain about everything that's wrong with it. Don't mistake it for "professionalism"....not even in the slightest!
    I think it is a combination of this and the above mentioned access to computers while at work. There is also the knowledge going in that the Army kinda sucks so they just accept it.

And there are just a lot of whiny bitches in the AF.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    Getting a little sensitive, are we?

If we go by who the most intelligent service is, and base it on the required ASVAB score (which is flawed in my opinion, but Airmen love to go by it); then the Coast Guard is the most intelligent service. Granted, there are no Coasties on this board (that I am aware of); but in talking to Coasties elsewhere, they are the service members who actually bitch the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    None of the answers provided here is accurate.

The truth is, nobody knows.

The ratio of participation is different on the Facebook pages for the four Military Times newspapers.

The Air Force section of these Forums is the anomaly but no one really can say why airmen post in these Forums when soldiers, sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen don't.
    Ummmthey do. There are several Sailors, Marines, and Soldiers that post on a regular basis. They just usually post in the AF section or one of the other sections more than their own sections. They even start threads directly related to their own branch in the AF section just so people will read it... Don't see many Coasties.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Ummmthey do. There are several Sailors, Marines, and Soldiers that post on a regular basis. They just usually post in the AF section or one of the other sections more than their own sections. They even start threads directly related to their own branch in the AF section just so people will read it... Don't see many Coasties.
    Very few though. There's like maybe four Marines who regularly post, and slightly more Army and Navy. Not sure why this forum in particular is such a hot spot for AF folks.

As far as posting in the AF subforum, its a sort of vicious downward spiral. Posts in other branch forums get ignored, so even their own members will post our junk in the AF forum... which of course makes the other branch forums ignored even more.