Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High ranking enlisted and officers having Facebook accounts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

High ranking enlisted and officers having Facebook accounts

I've noticed over the years that many Chiefs and high-ranking officers that were pretty disliked by many or stepped on a lot of toes don't have Facebook accounts. You think they're all afraid of repercussions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: High ranking enlisted and officers having Facebook accounts

You mean Blutarski or Doc?
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not everyone is into Facebook. I have no Facebook account and see no reason to have one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    I've noticed over the years that many Chiefs and high-ranking officers that were pretty disliked by many or stepped on a lot of toes don't have Facebook accounts. You think they're all afraid of repercussions?
    35-55 is not the targeted demographic. And also, just because you cant find them by their "government name" on there doesnt mean they dont have an account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    Not everyone is into Facebook. I have no Facebook account and see no reason to have one.
    Not everybody has electricity. Not everybody has running water. Not everybody uses a computer. Not everybody uses Facebook.

I don't see a choice about it. The eight Facebook pages I maintain are essential to everything I'm doing. Likewise, some other on-line sites like this one:

http://oakton.patch.com/blog_posts/a...omes-in-march?

Being a senior officer or a senior NCO changes everything. Not everyone in those slots wants his information out there, and that's a good thing,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you know they don't have facebook accounts? Maybe they only share them with family and actual friends (not the facebook kind).

FLAPS

How have you noticed this? Just how much time do you spend looking up these people on Facebook? And when you do notice a name or two, do you click on their profile to see how much info, photos, etc that you can find? Maybe they have an aversion to stalkers. Are you a stalker?

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I think Facebook is a bit creepy and it is annoying also. It's like a continuous high school reunion. All those people from your past popping up to write on your wall.

Look at that SMSgt who got busted for DUI in Okinawa recently. He had people all over the world laughing at his keg party photos.

Then you have all those lonely people getting Catfished.

I have my FB locked down for just family and a few close friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe the reason they don't have a Facebook account is not because they were disliked or stepped on a lot of toes by it could be they see Facebook as a waste of their time. I don't have a Facebook account and most likely never will because for me those who have one use it as a tool to say "Look at me". If I want people to know what I've been up to I'll tell them the old fashioned way by telling them or writing to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh boy...a current or former senior AF leader has a FB page? Let me go over there and like that right now!

Not.

Fuck the Blue Kool Aid.