Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 142

Thread: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

  1. #11
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Joe, now you're just being crazy. We've all seen worse forms of racism. Yes, do I think the kids were doing it to put down the most hispanic kids. That one is a little obvious. However, punishing them? Good luck being able to punish them. A lawyer would have a field day with that.

    At the same time if my kids wears an American flag t-shirt on cinco de mayo should he be told to change his shirt? If my son rides his bike with an American flag attached to it, should his school principal not allow him to ride his bike on to school grounds because it might offend some of the latinos in his school? No, he should be allowed to do both. However, that pathetic liberal mentality of this country is starting to go that way. I'm just glad my kid goes to a school that has mostly military families in it so he wont have to deal with that stupidity in the near future.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbus, ohio
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Exactly, we have already had some schools throw issues out there with kids wearing american flags on cinco de mayo..

  3. #13
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    You dont see us Irish folks freaking out and claiming discrimination or racism when people wear or carry American flags on St Patty's day.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Joe, now you're just being crazy. We've all seen worse forms of racism. Yes, do I think the kids were doing it to put down the most hispanic kids. That one is a little obvious. However, punishing them? Good luck being able to punish them. A lawyer would have a field day with that.
    Did you even read the article before commenting about it????

    "As punishment, Alamo Heights students who were involved in the chanting will not be allowed to attend the team’s remaining state title games."

    At the same time if my kids wears an American flag t-shirt on cinco de mayo should he be told to change his shirt? If my son rides his bike with an American flag attached to it, should his school principal not allow him to ride his bike on to school grounds because it might offend some of the latinos in his school? No, he should be allowed to do both. However, that pathetic liberal mentality of this country is starting to go that way. I'm just glad my kid goes to a school that has mostly military families in it so he wont have to deal with that stupidity in the near future.
    Now who's being crazy? How are these two situations even remotely related?

  5. #15
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    I bet you're one of those guys who thinks there's nothing wrong with a supervisor telling a female supervisor to deplouse so he can look her over. Unable to see even obvious human motiviations that don't fit your political viewpoint!
    LOL that's the pot calling the kettle black! Or is that racist as well? You are one of the most narrow minded people that post here, Joe. No one can possibly sway your position to even see an alternate point of view. I know things are slow around here with PYB being banned, but do you rellay feel the need to take over as the #1 troll?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

  6. #16
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Did you even read the article before commenting about it????

    "As punishment, Alamo Heights students who were involved in the chanting will not be allowed to attend the team’s remaining state title games."



    Now who's being crazy? How are these two situations even remotely related?
    A good lawyer could easily argue they infriged on their first amendment right. If roles were reversed you wouldnt even bat an eye at somebody saying crap against a white American.

    My connection is the fact that only white people can be discriminatory.

  7. #17
    Senior Member efmbman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,042
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    A good lawyer could easily argue they infriged on their first amendment right.
    But... but... our resident constitution expert tells us repeatedly that only the government can violate the 1st amendment. I think we may have a constitutional crisis looming in San Antonio!
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    LOL that's the pot calling the kettle black! Or is that racist as well? You are one of the most narrow minded people that post here, Joe. No one can possibly sway your position to even see an alternate point of view. I know things are slow around here with PYB being banned, but do you rellay feel the need to take over as the #1 troll?
    Then it is fortunate that the school authorities did not decide to throw common courtesy under the bus so as to not upset your conservative perspective of the world.

    Some students behaved like jackasses... they got the banhammer. Oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    A good lawyer could easily argue they infriged on their first amendment right. If roles were reversed you wouldnt even bat an eye at somebody saying crap against a white American.

    My connection is the fact that only white people can be discriminatory.
    If any of the students feel that way, they are more than welcome to convince their parents to hire a lawyer. I highly doubt that will happen. So what would be the victory conditions of such a case? The right to go to the game and act like retards?

  9. #19
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Then it is fortunate that the school authorities did not decide to throw common courtesy under the bus so as to not upset your conservative perspective of the world.

    Some students behaved like jackasses... they got the banhammer. Oh well.



    If any of the students feel that way, they are more than welcome to convince their parents to hire a lawyer. I highly doubt that will happen. So what would be the victory conditions of such a case? The right to go to the game and act like retards?
    Where is the out pouring of support for their rights? Oh wait, its because they were white. Nope, whitey cant be a racist. How often do I see other races act like jackasses and nobody does a damn thing, but some white kids do it and its a travesty.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,716
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should chanting "USA" be racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Where is the out pouring of support for their rights? Oh wait, its because they were white. Nope, whitey cant be a racist. How often do I see other races act like jackasses and nobody does a damn thing, but some white kids do it and its a travesty.
    I think Conservatives can only be bothered to support a fellow white man when he kills somebody. Now instead of just acting like a bunch of douchebags, those kids had OPENED FIRE on the hispanics, then pundits would be popping out of the woodwork explaining how those hispanics were a clear and present danger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •