Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Force Services

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Air Force Services

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    So you bowed to a TSgt, cause she was female.
    More made up shit.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jondstewart View Post
    We are/were a definitely maligned career field, probably worse than Security Forces.
    How so? The worst I have heard anyone say about Services is that they have an easy job-handing out basketballs at the gym etc... If ANYTHING, I think Services gets a free pass. Cops are often called dumb or it is said that they didn't qualify for anything else so they made them a cop. In reality, the MAGE score required for cops is a 33G while for services it is a 24G. Yet for the most part, it is the cops that are seen as stupid not the services folks.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    In reality, the MAGE score required for cops is a 33G while for services it is a 24G. Yet for the most part, it is the cops that are seen as stupid not the services folks.
    And cops driving an LE car under an F-15 didn't do much to alleviate that perception.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Since this thread is already de-railed: The reason people hate cops is because they are so damn cocky. Because of the power afforded to them by their position they walk around with a god complex. They always fail to understand that other people have pwoer based on their position. The other reason cops get a bad rap is because of that stupid beret. If you see someone do something stupid in uniform you normally do not know their AFSC. If you see a cop do something stupid in uniform you can recognize it right away just by the beret.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Since this thread is already de-railed: The reason people hate cops is because they are so damn cocky. Because of the power afforded to them by their position they walk around with a god complex. They always fail to understand that other people have pwoer based on their position. The other reason cops get a bad rap is because of that stupid beret. If you see someone do something stupid in uniform you normally do not know their AFSC. If you see a cop do something stupid in uniform you can recognize it right away just by the beret.
    Or it could be this stupid quote I've heard tossed around.

"Dont confuse your rank with my authority" My reply has always been, your authority doesnt allow you to simply disrespect senior people. They get all mad like this Lt that pulled me over. He said I was texting while driving I told him no i wasnt he said he saw me do it. I called him on it and handed him my phone asked him to prove it. He couldnt so he let me go. Had he come up and acted like a professional instead of a cocky Lt, which NO Lt should ever be cocky, I probably wouldnt have been all defensive. Also it seems backwards that in the civilian worl you need to be 21 to be a cop yet in the military you can be 18 with social skills and they'll hand you a weapon.

Back to services. Squared away folks as far as I've seen. Every AFSC has its idiots and assholes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I believe you're mistaken about the attitude but right about the beret.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    How so? The worst I have heard anyone say about Services is that they have an easy job-handing out basketballs at the gym etc... If ANYTHING, I think Services gets a free pass. Cops are often called dumb or it is said that they didn't qualify for anything else so they made them a cop. In reality, the MAGE score required for cops is a 33G while for services it is a 24G. Yet for the most part, it is the cops that are seen as stupid not the services folks.
    That is simply the required score. Cops tend to show their asses more. Acting like clowns parking cars under F-15s while "looking for something". Stopping folks and getting mad when they realize the driver wasnt actually doing anything wrong. Service usually referred to as more a joke than dummies. Basically saying they arent even really military. Service does however, provide many good services that are appreciated throughout the DoD. Cops also provide a service.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    I believe you're mistaken about the attitude but right about the beret.
    Sadly many times TACPs get confused for cops. I had it happen to me. The kid had a deer in the headlights look when I told hiim I wasnt a cop. Cops berets are a different color and have a different flash. Sheesh. Yes, when you have a different color it highlights your stupidity and arrogance.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Or it could be this stupid quote I've heard tossed around.

"Dont confuse your rank with my authority" My reply has always been, your authority doesnt allow you to simply disrespect senior people. They get all mad like this Lt that pulled me over. He said I was texting while driving I told him no i wasnt he said he saw me do it. I called him on it and handed him my phone asked him to prove it. He couldnt so he let me go. Had he come up and acted like a professional instead of a cocky Lt, which NO Lt should ever be cocky, I probably wouldnt have been all defensive. Also it seems backwards that in the civilian worl you need to be 21 to be a cop yet in the military you can be 18 with social skills and they'll hand you a weapon.

Back to services. Squared away folks as far as I've seen. Every AFSC has its idiots and assholes.
    Why you got out ROMAD? it don't get no better than punking ponine butter bars. Nomsayin??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    That is simply the required score. Cops tend to show their asses more. Acting like clowns parking cars under F-15s while "looking for something". Stopping folks and getting mad when they realize the driver wasnt actually doing anything wrong. Service usually referred to as more a joke than dummies. Basically saying they arent even really military. Service does however, provide many good services that are appreciated throughout the DoD. Cops also provide a service.
    So you are agreeing with me.....?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings