Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Angels, Thunderbirds: take note

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Blue Angels, Thunderbirds: take note

It's all good! No feelings hurt... A true pot vs. kettle case along with the glass house theory. Robert's a good man... I just don't like sand being thrown at me on the playground. It get's in my eyes and makes me cry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WARCRIMINAL View Post
    It's all good! No feelings hurt... A true pot vs. kettle case along with the glass house theory. Robert's a good man... I just don't like sand being thrown at me on the playground. It get's in my eyes and makes me cry.
    When I entered this Forum they told me to put on a flak helmet. Didn't you get one?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forcedj View Post
    I would say that the Blue Angles, Thunderbirds, Golden Knights, etc...also serve as a public relations tool. It’s kind of giving something back to the taxpayers. Although if you ask the average taxpayer “higher taxes or cut military stunt teams?” most would probably say cut the stunt teams. So I say shelve them at least for the time being. But, here’s another idea. Maybe just one team could be funded. Why not have just one joint-service aerobatic display team? Combine the Blue Angles, Thunderbirds, and if there any Army jet pilots include them.

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLawyer View Post
    Now there's an original and potential solution! Not only would it combine funding but demonstrate joint-service unity. These display teams serve primarily as a non-deploying billet anyway so, the only arguments that might come from such a proposal are the members that want it for just that.

Well done, Dan!
    Great idea... but how would this save money? All the teams are booked months or even years in advance... even if we consolidated into one team, you'd still have to have the same number of pilots and aircraft to cover all the demand for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Great idea... but how would this save money? All the teams are booked months or even years in advance... even if we consolidated into one team, you'd still have to have the same number of pilots and aircraft to cover all the demand for them.
    There are lots of other reasons why this isn't actually a great idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post

It wouldn’t “save” money, but it would mean spending less. It’s just a matter of if just one team can be supported. If just ‘one team’ can be…a ‘joint’ team is a good way to go. And, with only one team obviously it wouldn’t be able to cover all the dates on the current schedule. Appearances are one obstacle that would have to be worked out. But it could be done. That is IF they want to still have an aerobatic team.

Dan
    CTOC(AW), USN, Retired

Recruit Training Command (Company 50), Orlando, FL Dec 1981-Jan 1982; CTO "A" and "C" schools NTTC Corry Station, Pensacola, FL Feb-Oct 1982; USS Saratoga (CV-60) 1982-1985; USS Forrestal (CV-59) 1985-1988; ONI Det Naval War College, Newport, RI 1988-1991; NAVSECGRUACT Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal 1991-1992; NAVSECGRUACT Rota, Spain 1992-1995; National Security Agency, Fort Meade, MD 1995-1998; USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67) 1998-2001.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:clock By the time all services get the F-35...they couldn't afford the flight time,training,etc.....and losing a $half billion plane or two would cost somebody a star! :target

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have to understand that we need to get rid of the Blue Angels in order to fly drones to count rabbits and sheep. And if Princess Nancy becomes Speaker of the House again she will want her three Air Force jet's back. And the Commander and Chief needs Planes to fly to campaign speeches and vacation. The Blue Angels like Fleet Week bring the Navy to the people and this should not be allowed. The money saved can be put into solar companies that don't work and other important pork political pay offs; and no maintenance upkeep on bases and ships will also help because it will destroy the Fleets much quicker than an enemy cannon thus not only saving us money, but our enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Now that sounds like someone I know!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder how much we saved this year?

http://afthunderbirds.com/site/upcoming-shows/

http://blueangels.navy.mil/show/

It the savings were significant just by cancelling appearances, think of how much $$ we could save by cancelling the whole she-bang?!?!?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's just switch to flying drones for the shows. One drone pilot can control up to four planes. You can even have the cameras active so you can spy while performing getting more bang for your bucks. :silly: