Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AF SMSgt gets DUI, adds to troops misbehaving in Japan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: AF SMSgt gets DUI, adds to troops misbehaving in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by raider8169 View Post
    6 times the legal limit in order to get into work. Wonder if his job is really that bad where one needs to be drunk in order to do it.
    6 times the legal limit was added for effect. The legal limit in Japan is .02 by our measurements. So if you do the conversion he had a BAC of around .18, still over the limit for everywhere in the states, but not near what the article implies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcoco14 View Post
    6 times the legal limit was added for effect. The legal limit in Japan is .02 by our measurements. So if you do the conversion he had a BAC of around .18, still over the limit for everywhere in the states, but not near what the article implies.
    Didnt know that, thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    True, bust him down in rank let him/her stay in. However, they used they're one chance. If they screw up again its a boot. None of the multiple DUI things. I'm just tired of hearing about people getting DUIs and people being killed by drunk drivers.
    He didn't "screw up," he broke the law, endangering his own and the lives of others... not to mention the international attention this will bring and the consessions we'll have to make to the Japanese.

Screwing up is forgetting to set your alarm or missing an appointment. Drinking and driving is a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by raider8169 View Post
    6 times the legal limit in order to get into work. Wonder if his job is really that bad where one needs to be drunk in order to do it.
    I'm sure that was his "maybe they won't notice I'm drunk" answer. Probably followed by, "I only had 2 beers."
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He's probably an alcoholic. .15 is the equivalent of 1/2 a pint of whiskey in your blood. Typically you only see that in younger troops who go out and binge drink. At his age and if he was "going into work" as he claimed - I'm guessing long term alcohol abuse.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What makes this 100x worse is the fact that it happened in Japan. Had this happened in the States or even Germany it might not have even made the news. I feel bad for people stationed in and around Asia anymore, because the moronic actions of a few neanderthals is causing a lot of suffering for people that are honestly mature, civilized, and responsible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drackore View Post
    What makes this 100x worse is the fact that it happened in Japan. Had this happened in the States or even Germany it might not have even made the news. I feel bad for people stationed in and around Asia anymore, because the moronic actions of a few neanderthals is causing a lot of suffering for people that are honestly mature, civilized, and responsible.
    It only made the "news" because it was in Japan/Okinawa. The only "news" outlets that I know of publishing this story is the Stars and Stripes and Japanese media.
    When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    He's probably an alcoholic. .15 is the equivalent of 1/2 a pint of whiskey in your blood. Typically you only see that in younger troops who go out and binge drink. At his age and if he was "going into work" as he claimed - I'm guessing long term alcohol abuse.
    He only used that excuse to avoid getting busted for breaking curfew. That shows how drunk he was, he was more concerned with not getting in trouble for a curfew violation than an actual DUI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renazance View Post
    He only used that excuse to avoid getting busted for breaking curfew. That shows how drunk he was, he was more concerned with not getting in trouble for a curfew violation than an actual DUI.
    If he'd have waited 1 more day it wouldn't have been an issue. There is no evidence either way that I can find that shows if he was lying or not about going to work. Maybe he was maybe he wasn't. If he's mx then they work all hours and he could've been night shift. Or he could've just been bombed out of his mind confused.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

FLAPS

If he'd have waited 1 more day it wouldn't have been an issue. There is no evidence either way that I can find that shows if he was lying or not about going to work. Maybe he was maybe he wasn't. If he's mx then they work all hours and he could've been night shift. Or he could've just been bombed out of his mind confused.
    Typically SMSgts serve as the Asst AMU Superintendent, Lead Pro-Super or MAYBE a Section Chief (depending on size of section)...all on dayshift.

Unless they were going through an exercise, at that time of night in a fighter AMU the midshift servicing crew would be coming on shift. Unless they were short on pro-super MSgts, I find it hard to believe why a SMSgt would be going to work at that hour.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

One of the comments over on the Stars & Stripes page claimed that the guy's Facebook page is all photos of keg parties and wine cellars. If he hasn't taken down his FB page yet, I'll bet it will be gone soon.

Hey, how did you calculate that .15 equates to a half a pint of whiskey?

Not saying that you are wrong, I've always wondered how those percentage points equate to the amount of alcohol consumed by volume over time.