Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SNCOA Discriminators

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SNCOA Discriminators

So, just got an e-mail from my org's SEA (I'm in a joint assignment, but he happens to be an AF CMSgt) about the Air Force PME situation for our organization. In it he talked about the discriminators AFPC is now using to determine who gets to go to SNCOA and who doesn't. According to his e-mail, AFPC will not schedule a member to go to SNCOA for:

"1. DEROS date within 12 months from graduation date"
    "2. Has not completed course 14"
    "3. PT exempt from 1 or more components"

Wait ... what? That's right. If you have a walk waiver, or push-up waiver, etc. you ain't going to SNCOA. Kiss that promotion good-bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: SNCOA Discriminators

hmmm... first I've heard of that. Will do some digging and see what I can find out. (Unfortunately the Senior Enlisted Leader for Air Force Enlisted Educationjust left here [deployed as EMSG Supt] a month ago, I could have gone straight to the source!)
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtS View Post
    BTW, these two are easy... it is 12 months of retainability, which has always been the case and you have to have done the correspondance course before attending in residence.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    BTW, these two are easy... it is 12 months of retainability, which has always been the case and you have to have done the correspondance course before attending in residence.
    Of course, they weren't the focus of the post. Number three was. One and two are kinda no-brainers ... especially two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course, they weren't the focus of the post. Number three was. One and two are kinda no-brainers ... especially two.
    Shot an email to the Chief there; will let you know what I find out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I understand the first 2. But if a doc says you should be on profile - and it makes its way through the insane profile system we have today - number 3 should not be an issue.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went to SNCOA last spring and we had quite a few folks on waivers. If it is a rule, it is a pretty new one.

JD2780

So, just got an e-mail from my org's SEA (I'm in a joint assignment, but he happens to be an AF CMSgt) about the Air Force PME situation for our organization. In it he talked about the discriminators AFPC is now using to determine who gets to go to SNCOA and who doesn't. According to his e-mail, AFPC will not schedule a member to go to SNCOA for:

Wait ... what? That's right. If you have a walk waiver, or push-up waiver, etc. you ain't going to SNCOA. Kiss that promotion good-bye.
    Its one of two things. The WING wont schedule you for it, but are saying its AFPCs issue. The other one could be, big AF is still trying to reduce retirement money by screwing people over in promotion. Cant wait to see what Crusty says. It doesnt apply to me, but it is interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    Its one of two things. The WING wont schedule you for it, but are saying its AFPCs issue. The other one could be, big AF is still trying to reduce retirement money by screwing people over in promotion. Cant wait to see what Crusty says. It doesnt apply to me, but it is interesting.
    The AF still has to promote 1% to E9 and 2% to E8. So I don't see this as a way of reducing retirements. Or I could have just read your post wrong which I've done before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some USAFE units had an additional requirement of CCAF completion but nothing on PT in 2011.