Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The case for a national ID card

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: The case for a national ID card

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Its a pain in the ass to cheat and vote multiple times, and there's serious consequences for it - including possible jail time.

So no, its up to you to find evidence if you think we should fuck up the system to fix an imaginary problem.
    It's a pain in the ass to hire a hitman to kill ones wife, there is possible jail time, and it's not that widespread. No need to worry about stopping people from doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    We already have a national ID card.
    This is a point, if not the point, worthy of additional emphasis. If this "National ID Card" idea was such a fantastic problem solver, then why have the localized equivalents at the state level not even provided a comprehensive solution even for their own situations? This is the whole point of Federalism at its finest, let each state experiment with their own localized solutions to the challenges they face and if they come up with a workable solution, the rest are free to adopt similar tactics (via popular vote in their state legislatures) to address their own challenges. Yet I'm pretty darn certain every state in the union has government issued ID cards. Whether it be voter fraud, illegal immigration or what-not I know of very few that have comprehensively delivered what this conceptual "National ID Card" is propagandized to potentially deliver. Even those that appear to "deliver on these promises" to an extent it is fair to ask whether it's the results of legislative measures in place or by factors entirely unrelated to effective legislation (such as geographic location or economic situational information).

I see this "National ID Card" idea as precisely adding one thing we do not currently experience today, the additional overhead that the newly managed federal program would require to establish the infrastructure required to implement such a program, along with the accompanying additional cost that would go hand-in-hand with this entirely redundant and completely ineffectual piece of legislative conceptual tripe. I for one tend to believe that "Conservatism" in its original definition stands behind the principles that reduce Federal Government overthrow of the State institutions and that reduces the burden to the taxpayer. I'll throw my hat with any individual who seeks similar ends, even if not for similar reasons.

This piece of garbage idea provided under this forum header proves that there are such thing as stupid questions to ask.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    People both Republican and Democrat have been caught cheating in the last election... and yet they were still caught, and there is no evidence to suggest this is a widespread occurance.
    And how many times must it occur for you to consider it a problem joe?? 100? 1000000??