Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The case for a national ID card

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: The case for a national ID card

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    The naivity around here is amazing. So if corporations are already ignoring birth certificates, background checks and social security cards... do any of you HONESTLY believe that a "national ID card" will solve anything?
    We can't all be as perfect as you are, Joe. We try... enlighten us please. Grace us with your profound wisdom. Someone with it all figured out has, in my opinion, a civic duty to pass of such knowledge to the rest us.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just find it amusing that people who normally advocate for small government throw all that out the window when it comes to certain issues - like immigration and religion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An effective solution would be to issue tamper-proof, biometric ID cards — using fingerprints or a comparably unique identifier — to all citizens and legal residents. Last week, both President Obama and a bipartisan group of eight senators seeking immigration reform urged something along those lines, without calling it a universal national identity card. That’s a major step forward.

Since when is ANYTHING tamper proof? All it would take is a talented hacker working with a forger to go into the database and replace your biometric data with that of someone else and create a new ID.... Would it be as easy as making a fake DL, BC, and SSC? Probably not but tamper proof? No such thing.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just find it amusing that people who normally advocate for small government throw all that out the window when it comes to certain issues - like immigration and religion.
    Are you presuming to know that I advocate small government? You have probably deduced my stand on illegal immigration, but you have no idea what my thoughts on religion are. Or was that just an "in general" statement?
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    Or was that just an "in general" statement?
    Your perceptive skills are quite astute.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Your perceptive skills are quite astute.
    Thanks, Joe. Does not really answer my question, however.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I just find it amusing that people who normally advocate for freedom of choice throw all that out the window when it comes to certain issues - like chanting the letters of your country...and religion.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Has he ever answered a question? Seems that every response is just another accusation or a "so what your saying is..." statement. Never an answer. He's just like a politician.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    I just find it amusing that people who normally advocate for freedom of choice throw all that out the window when it comes to certain issues - like chanting the letters of your country...and religion.
    You can believe whatever bullshit you want, so long as you're not infringing on the rights and well being of your fellow human beings.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And that question would be what exactly?