Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Next From The Worthless DC Denizens?

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: What Next From The Worthless DC Denizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Anybody notice how much weight Reverend Al has lost? He could probably join the Air Force with his waist measurement. He looks very fit and sprite, fully ready to go out and conjure up another civil-liberties fraud.
    Dearest Bob,

I think you meant to say he looks spry, unless you really intended to say that Reverend Al looks like a water fairy.

Just trying to help because I owe you for that lesson in absurdity you gave me last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    Dearest Bob,

I think you meant to say he looks spry, unless you really intended to say that Reverend Al looks like a water fairy.

Just trying to help because I owe you for that lesson in absurdity you gave me last week.
    Good catch. You're right. I used the wrong word. (Sigh).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    All kidding aside, I would like to see someone that views an attack on one of our embassies and the murder of our Ambassdor (and others) for what it is: an act of war. I know Embassies and Consulates are not considered soverign territory of the nation represented, but those actions should not be shrugged off.
    Sure, it's an act of war, ok. By whom, though? Islamic militants? We're already fighting them. It wasn't the Libyan government; they actually tried to help, however ineptly. Whom should we be bombing now that we aren't already? To whom are you appealing here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Sure, it's an act of war, ok. By whom, though? Islamic militants? We're already fighting them. It wasn't the Libyan government; they actually tried to help, however ineptly. Whom should we be bombing now that we aren't already? To whom are you appealing here?
    Apparently the prevailing sentiment is that we should simply bomb all those mofos (not further specified) and sort it out later.

I must be the only person who feels an attack on a consulate is a crime, not an act of war. Similarly, the attack on the World Trade Center was a crime. The attack on the Pentagon was an act of war.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Apparently the prevailing sentiment is that we should simply bomb all those mofos (not further specified) and sort it out later.

I must be the only person who feels an attack on a consulate is a crime, not an act of war. Similarly, the attack on the World Trade Center was a crime. The attack on the Pentagon was an act of war.
    I see your distinction. However, if a country or group assassinated the Vice President, would that be a crime, too? Technically, perhaps, but I'm guessing most would see it as an act of war.

Tak

"There must be someone who needs some killin"
    - Major Payne

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's odder still is the supposed "failure" in our response to the consulate attack. Look at the earlier threads about the topic. Many folks here saw nothing wrong with calling in air strikes, killing dozens, if not hundreds or thousands, of civilians completely uninvolved in the attack.

One of my favorite examples is when I suggest to a chicken hawk that the Chinese Embassy in the US would be completely justified in calling in air strikes by the Chinese military if a group of local thugs attacked them. Eyes glaze over!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    What's odder still is the supposed "failure" in our response to the consulate attack. Look at the earlier threads about the topic. Many folks here saw nothing wrong with calling in air strikes, killing dozens, if not hundreds or thousands, of civilians completely uninvolved in the attack.

One of my favorite examples is when I suggest to a chicken hawk that the Chinese Embassy in the US would be completely justified in calling in air strikes by the Chinese military if a group of local thugs attacked them. Eyes glaze over!
    Or they could bring in main battle tanks. But that would expose the chinks in their armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see your distinction. However, if a country or group assassinated the Vice President, would that be a crime, too? Technically, perhaps, but I'm guessing most would see it as an act of war.
    I didn't write anything about an action taken by a country. Let's stick with a group -- say, al-Qaeda. If they killed the president or the Secretary of Defense, that would be an act of war. If they killed the vice president, that would be a crime.

Not sure why you picked this example but a lot of military members don't realize that the vice president is not in the chain of command. He has no role in the military and no authority to tell a military member to do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If we're going to bomb anybody we'd better get some new airplanes and new bombs. Build the new bomber, put an advanced version of the F-15E Strike Eagle back into production for U.S. forces, kill the F-35 Lightning II, and develop a formidable force able to bomb anybody who has a foreign-sounding name or wears a beard. They're all the same anyhow.