Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well after 33 years I am done (PT casualty)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well after 33 years I am done (PT casualty)

Wow it’s been a long long ride but after my 4th fail that’s it for me

I joined AD in July 1980 man that was a long long time ago.

Even after all these years my 2 years turning and burning at RAF Bentwaters was a high point (I even crewed for the 3rd AF commander one time)

Another memorable time was at Balad when a mortar flew over the C130 as we walked to the plane on the last day, we had to turn around and run for the pax terminal with mortars flying over head leaving curly cue contrails and making a warbling sound.

I was thinking about that when my current commander said if he can’t trust me to pass my PT test he can’t trust me to work on our Aircraft.

I sort of groveled when I asked if I could be allowed to retire and leave with a Honorable and some dignity instead of Him taking a stripe (I will get to retire as a MSgt since I am high one but if they take a stripe it would be for cause and I would retire at a lower rank)

So I am done
    I am an ART so I won’t get much of a retirement but hey that’s the way the ball bounces

WCS
    The US Air Force is a Juggernaut

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Well after 33 years I am done (PT casualty)

Quote Originally Posted by WCS View Post
    I was thinking about that when my current commander said if he can’t trust me to pass my PT test he can’t trust me to work on our Aircraft.
    He really said that? Wow. So for the first approx 24 years of your career (before PT started) the AF trusted you just fine. I can imagine the Delta Airlines CEO trying to make that correlation between his mechanics' fitness and job performance..."well, here at Delta IF we did have a PT test, then obviously I would not be able to trust my mechanics to fix the jets if they couldn't pass the test."

Pure silliness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's a shame. Hopefully you gave it your all to pass so at least you will have no regrets about trying harder later.

PT is the only thing that matter now, sadly enough.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no regrets, back in the early 90's I was into bodybuilding and I always admired those retirees that went to the gym every day to work out, I hope to start up again after I go I am not saying I will but I used to really like lifting weights.

WCS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Guard doesn't make you retire after 33 years anyway?

Thank you for your service...sounds like you had a good career... Wish you the best.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im sorry to hear it ended this way. Still thanks for your service. Your PT score does not reflect if you served honorably or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WCS,

Thank you for being part of the 2% that has stepped forward to help protect and defend the homeland. Unfortunately, the Air Force is more concerned about PT than they are MSN Reliability Rates. Don't worry, Big Blue is painting themselves into a huge corner and will suffer huge consequences down the road. Best of luck in your future endeavors :bump2
    If you ain't maintenance...you ain't shit:frusty

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I only have 25 years to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WCS View Post
    Wow it’s been a long long ride but after my 4th fail that’s it for me

I joined AD in July 1980 man that was a long long time ago.

Even after all these years my 2 years turning and burning at RAF Bentwaters was a high point (I even crewed for the 3rd AF commander one time)

Another memorable time was at Balad when a mortar flew over the C130 as we walked to the plane on the last day, we had to turn around and run for the pax terminal with mortars flying over head leaving curly cue contrails and making a warbling sound.

I sort of groveled when I asked if I could be allowed to retire and leave with a Honorable and some dignity instead of Him taking a stripe (I will get to retire as a MSgt since I am high one but if they take a stripe it would be for cause and I would retire at a lower rank)

So I am done
    I am an ART so I won’t get much of a retirement but hey that’s the way the ball bounces

WCS
    Thanks for your many contributions. Let me know if you think your story would be of interest to others and, if so, whether you would be willing to be quoted by name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I've been hot and heavy working on my retirement.
    Mr. Dorr, feel free to quote me but my story is not that big of a deal.

WCS