Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well after 33 years I am done (PT casualty)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Well after 33 years I am done (PT casualty)

Good job WCS
    I just went over 32 years and I am also done. Finally got out of the ART program. And into a straight Federal civilian job.

Now if I could just get them to sign my retirement paperwork. Im good to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool-- congrats on the new Job and thanks for your many years of service

WCS

Quote Originally Posted by LFAWes View Post
    Good job WCS
    I just went over 32 years and I am also done. Finally got out of the ART program. And into a straight Federal civilian job.

Now if I could just get them to sign my retirement paperwork. Im good to go.
    The US Air Force is a Juggernaut

SW of Hou a ways or 18m near Clovis NM., CannonAFB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WCS, a very sincere thanks for your 33 years of AF service of fun and tears, grief, sweat, PC adjustments, more females in the shop , all those hours standing in the weather waiting for the base shuttle.

Have you gotten with Mr. Dorr and mustered up a story of your run? Which acft love is your best. Maybe you did time withus at Cannon on the 1-11s?
    "Last one out of the Orderly Rm, switch off this light".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GoatDriver57 View Post
    WCS, a very sincere thanks for your 33 years of AF service of fun and tears, grief, sweat, PC adjustments, more females in the shop , all those hours standing in the weather waiting for the base shuttle.

Have you gotten with Mr. Dorr and mustered up a story of your run? Which acft love is your best. Maybe you did time withus at Cannon on the 1-11s?
    Thanks and thank you for your service also
    A10 is my favorite
    I haven't gotten with Mr. Dorr, I sometimes think the real silent service is the Air Force.

when I was a 20 year old Airman we were forced to ride the launch truck and that meant hearing stories about Vietnam, like when the SP's stopped the VC on the golf course at Da Nang and the F4's that took off and immediately rolled in dropping bombs on base, our guys cheered from the roof top.
    Stories of how the A9 could fly circles around the A10

In recent times I was told about an amazing event as I passed through Al Udeid AB in 2008
    As we taxied in there was what was left of a B1 (you could put what was left of the B1 in a large dump truck) after landing we hooked up with a section super who drove us around base giving us a tour of the base and flight line.

Seems they love the B1 since they can carry a large payload and can sit on station for long periods but if they don't drop any bombs they come back and land heavy and use every bit of the runway.
    this time a B1 was returning with a heavy load IFE (in flight emergency) for fuel when they landed the brakes caught fire the B1 careened off the runway and hit a cement revetment somehow during all this the crew managed to ground egress coming out the back covered with fuel and hydraulic oil. Later I was going around base I questions some bus drivers and one told my he counted 23 or 24 I forget explosions as the bombs cooked off

Just and amazing story, a story the AF would Hush up for some reason but if we told people about the real AF instead of the bullshit AF we would be less worried about PT

The next year in 2009 when I went through Al Udeid as we taxied in they made us close our window blinds (which pissed me off since there were no restrictions from 2004 to 2008 as far as I knew)

WCS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your service and best of luck for your retirement. I enlisted in 1976, did 32 years (6 active AF, 1 year break, 1 year Army Guard, 2 years break, 25 years Air Guard with 23 of those as a technician). I left the technician program for a competitive service position out of frustration with what was going on with my unit at the time. Knowing the unit wouldn't keep me long as a part-timer tying up a Chief's position I retired militarily within 6 months. I still work for the Air Guard (just not my old unit) and have a few more years before punching completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FIGMO short

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on a great career! Good luck with the transition to civilian life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks

After calling for several days about getting and out-processing checklist one guy suggested that I just go over there

I was like hey that might work

Went over and they hooked my right up ---hey go for the easy fix first.

I don't know why I forgot that ha ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well I am almost done I am in Civilian clothes

it was 1979/1980 when my hair was this long. I shaved last weak I think it was the gray and not the length that bothered me ha ha

The retirement process has been a night mare, all my certificates say TSgt only my retirement order says MSgt (the whole reason for my retirement was to preserve my MSgt)

after a lot of searching I finally found the info:

10 U.S. Code § 8963 - Highest grade held satisfactorily: Reserve enlisted members reduced in grade not as a result of the member’s misconduct

Current through Pub. L. 113-65. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

US Code
    Notes
    Updates
    prev | next

(a) A Reserve enlisted member of the Air Force described in subsection (b) who is retired under section 8914 of this title shall be retired in the highest enlisted grade in which the member served on active duty satisfactorily (or, in the case of a member of the National Guard, in which the member served on full-time National Guard duty satisfactorily), as determined by the Secretary of the Air Force.

(b) This section applies to a Reserve enlisted member who—
    (1) at the time of retirement is serving on active duty (or, in the case of a member of the National Guard, on full-time National Guard duty) in a grade lower than the highest enlisted grade held by the member while on active duty (or full-time National Guard duty); and

(2) was previously administratively reduced in grade not as a result of the member’s own misconduct, as determined by the Secretary of the Air Force.

(c) This section applies with respect to Reserve enlisted members who are retired under section 8914 of this title after September 30, 1996.

in case any active duty looks at this Air Guard don't test for stripes (I know) its based on slots and promotion boards so I moved to another State and that shop only had TSgt (later reduced to SSgt) so I agreed to go down to TSgt.

anyway the AFI on page 67 and 68 says the same as US code

http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/pr...afi36-3203.pdf

Its going to be a battle to get everything changed

SW of Hou a ways or 18m near Clovis NM., CannonAFB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WCS, again thanks for your many years being an AD one. Who knows, the way our King is turning into a loose cannon, flipping this country, he may have you TDY in central Africa or Somalia before mid year. Easily making E7 before you get to 57 is not uncommon these days in the ANG.
    "Last one out of the Orderly Rm, switch off this light".