Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "ZERO DARK THIRTY"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: "ZERO DARK THIRTY"

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    Hunter S. Thompson was a GREAT writer. You, sir, are just a writer.
    He was a great writer. He may not have been the best model for life, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Is ANYONE supposed to be the "best model for life?"

Sports stars should never be held up to be models for life, yet many expect them to be "role models." ROLE MODEL IS NOT THEIR JOB.

I have exactly TWO role models in my life: my father, a 20 year Air Force Vietnam vet who along with my other role model (Mom) raised 8 children. They were married for 53 years until Dad passed away. THEY are my role models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    That classified information was disclosed after the fact is the least of our worries.

When the president went on national TV to declare that we had finally killed Osama (spiking the ball, as it were), he ruined the ultimate opportunity to truly decapitate al Qaeda.

Think about it: computers, hard drives, thumb drives and loads of data regarding Osama's contacts/affiliates were recovered; had the entire operation been kept secret, the Osama adherents might not have been aware of Osama's demise until it was too late. BUT, when the president of the USA goes on international TV to announce that "We got him" (spiking the ball), do you not think that ANYBODY that had even peripheral contact with OBL would think about reconsidering how they communicated with the evil bastard? Such things COULD HAVE been exploited, if the operation had been kept SECRET. Osama's contacts MIGHT have been exposed or discovered, and helped on the journey to their 72 Virginians. The announcement that the al Qaeda leader had been discovered and murdered, though, only drove those nefarious actors further underground and that much more difficult to locate and/or interdict.
    You sir are absolutely correct. Apparently RFD wants to pretend our government has always advertised all covert operations where we killed high level officials/enemy in enemy governments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RFD,

You are a great writer but not very proficient on enemy governments and OPSEC principles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    You sir are absolutely correct. Apparently RFD wants to pretend our government has always advertised all covert operations where we killed high level officials/enemy in enemy governments.
    This discussion has no bearing on the real world. After years of shame, incompetence and failure by the Bush-43 administration -- and damage to this country from which we shall never recover -- the Obama administration managed to mount the operation to kill the most wanted man in the world. And you think it should, or could, have been kept secret? You're not living in the real world.

Except to the extent it relates to the drone program, there have been no "covert operations where we killed high level officials/enemy in enemy governments." Never happened, not since Patrice Lumumba. Also, it's illegal, although that of course never stopped the Bush administration. And just what enemies do you mean? When are you going to explain what enemies -- and, now, you've added enemy governments -- are you talking about? Do you mean the Pakistan government? Do you mean the Saudi government, whose citizens were the majority of the 9-11 hijackers? What "enemy government" are you thinking of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to see this become a discussion about the movie. I'd like to know what others think of the film.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd like to see this become a discussion about the movie. I'd like to know what others think of the film.
    Is the absolute loss of gaining intelligence from Osama's media NOT relevant? The result of the events in the movie might illustrate that, for those who grasp reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Nah. Let's talk about Kim kardashian.
    Eewww. Nice rack, but I wouldn't fuck her without two condoms and wearing a biological hazard suit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Unintended double tap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Nah. Let's talk about Kim kardashian.
    Moose knuckle, sans fur.