Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New pro-gay policy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New pro-gay policy

There has been significant misinformation put out by both the military, the government, & the media. Pres. Obama did not simply repeal DADT. If he had then the military would be required to ask about people's sexual orientation & then dismiss them from the service or not let them enlist in the first place. No, it was a whole new policy that opened the door to gays serving openly in the military.

I never refer to it as the repeal of DADT. I refer to it as the pro-gay policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New pro-gay policy

There is NO policy, agenda, conspiracy, etc. It is a non-issue... and in case you hadn't noticed, the droves of people who were going to retire, resign, flee, go out in a blaze of glory NEVER HAPPENED... Why? Because it is a non-issue.

The only policy that matters is the, "You are qualified to serve your country" policy. :closed_2
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never mentioned a conspiracy or agenda. I am simply stating the facts - the CIC implemented a new pro-gay policy. Simply a repeal of DADT is only partially correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEBS27 View Post
    I never mentioned a conspiracy or agenda. I am simply stating the facts - the CIC implemented a new pro-gay policy. Simply a repeal of DADT is only partially correct.
    negative... there is no more a pro-gay policy than there is a pro-hetero policy. :loco
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So only a DADT repeal then huh? Therefore if I was a recruiter then I should be asking the sexual orientation of recruits and not signing up gays? Because a repeal of DADT would put us back at the policy prior to its implementation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What part of it doesn't matter do you not understand? To be "pro-gay" the policy would have to reward you for being gay. DADT was recinded and being gay was removed as a military service disqualifer. That is all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ohhhhh, so there was a change other than simply a repeal. Therefore a new policy is in place. Glad you understand now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think by being "pro-gay" it is the way the media is playing up to the gay crowd. I have no interest in reading about military gay couples getting married or participating in homecomings, but the media seems to be fixated on this. Some may even say that the gay lifestyle is being promoted in this way. That is problematic in my book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ohhhhh, so there was a change other than simply a repeal. Therefore a new policy is in place. Glad you understand now.
    The new policy isn't "pro" anything.

Thanks for stopping by, see you in another 2 years... I'm out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your logic is flawed.