Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: New pro-gay policy

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by 71Fish View Post
    Your logic is flawed.
    So you believe that it was simply a repeal? You actually think that is a logical explanation?

  2. #12
    Senior Member 71Fish's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Frunchard.
    Posts
    333
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Here is a really brief synopsis of the "policy" in the Military from an old timer who saw all 3 phases.

    In the "old" days, the recruiter asked if you were gay. If you said no, you were home free. If you said yes, you could not join. If at first you said no, then later said yes, and someone found out, you got kicked out.

    In the mid 90's until recently, the recruiter didn't ask and you didn't volunteer information. When you got into the "real" military after training, people still didn't ask, even though secretly we knew who the gays were. As long as they didn't admit to it, no problem. The moment they admitted what everyone suspected, they were kicked out.

    Now, no one asks. If the person stricken with the gay later admits it, they aren't kicked out or given shitty details because of it. The gays aren't given special treatment because of being gay. Now, they just "are".

    If you don't like the new "policy", since you are stuck on the word policy, there are options for you. If it doesn't affect you, don't worry about it.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    I'm just ensuring people know that it wasn't simply a DADT repeal.

  4. #14
    Member DaveIn3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dolphin Heaven
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by LEBS27 View Post
    I'm just ensuring people know that it wasn't simply a DADT repeal.
    since we already have piles of dead horses around here on this subject alone, I dont see how you are breaking any new ground with this post? DADT was repealed and being gay is no longer a disqualifier. That is not a change in policy. A change in policy would include "we are now treating married homosexuals the same as we treat married traditional couples." That would be a policy changer, but that hasnt happened. We got rid of two old policies and thats all.

    -3D
    These Marines have grown up in a world of war. Its all they know, so they dont understand that violence isnt an answer to injustice. For them, violence is more of a question, and the answer is always yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    I'll try to explain later, have to go to work now but I do agree with much of what you say.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    I agree - DADT was repealed. However one also has to admit that we simply did not revert back to the policy prior to DADT. Therefore we have a new policy that is pro-gay. It allows gays into the military freely and is also cracking down on chaplains who stand for biblical morality. Plus this new policy conflicts with federal law which doesn't recognize gay marriages. So couples legally married in a state that recognizes gay marriage cannot receive the military benefits that normal couples receive.

  6. #16
    Member DaveIn3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dolphin Heaven
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by LEBS27 View Post
    I agree - DADT was repealed. However one also has to admit that we simply did not revert back to the policy prior to DADT. Therefore we have a new policy that is pro-gay. It allows gays into the military freely and is also cracking down on chaplains who stand for biblical morality. Plus this new policy conflicts with federal law which doesn't recognize gay marriages. So couples legally married in a state that recognizes gay marriage cannot receive the military benefits that normal couples receive.
    we got rid of two policies. we did not add any. the only 'new' is that we dont discriminate against homos anymore. again, not a new policy, just a removal of two old ones. Other than that, your stupid.

    -3D
    These Marines have grown up in a world of war. Its all they know, so they dont understand that violence isnt an answer to injustice. For them, violence is more of a question, and the answer is always yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    I'll try to explain later, have to go to work now but I do agree with much of what you say.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by LEBS27 View Post
    There has been significant misinformation put out by both the military, the government, & the media. Pres. Obama did not simply repeal DADT. If he had then the military would be required to ask about people's sexual orientation & then dismiss them from the service or not let them enlist in the first place. No, it was a whole new policy that opened the door to gays serving openly in the military.

    I never refer to it as the repeal of DADT. I refer to it as the pro-gay policy.
    You are kinda sorta right. It wasn't JUST the repeal of DADT. It was a repeal of the policy enacted by the U.S. Army Surgeon General banning homosexuals from the military in 1941, the additional policies from the Navy and Selective Servide in '44 (they were also barred from military hospitals in '44), further Army revision in '47 and DODD 1332.14. Not sure how you can say it is a pro-gay policy...if you want to be so factually correct, you should make sure you have your facts correct. Me? I think it is just easier and takes less time to call it the repeal of DADT as opposed to repeal of DADT and USA/SG policyof '44, '47, and DODD 1332.14... Plus it is too hard to remember all those numbers.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Livingroom
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by LEBS27 View Post
    I'm just ensuring people know that it wasn't simply a DADT repeal.
    Why is this getting you all cranked up? You get to serve openly, now.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveIn3D View Post
    we got rid of two policies. we did not add any. the only 'new' is that we dont discriminate against homos anymore. again, not a new policy, just a removal of two old ones. Other than that, your stupid.

    -3D
    So the new policy is not to "discriminate against homos"? Great, thanks for clarifying. I know that that military standard over the years has been dropping so this is just a continuation of that decline.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New pro-gay policy

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    Why is this getting you all cranked up? You get to serve openly, now.
    Who's getting "cranked up"? I'm simply setting the record straight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •