Thread: Coronet Buffalo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Coronet Buffalo

For a historical research project: I'm anyone who participated in a deployment called Coronet Buffalo when 36 Air National Guard A-7Ds deployed to RAF Waddington over May 11-June 8, 1985. The units involved were: South Dakota ANG 114/TFG/125th TFS; Sioux Falls Iowa ANG 132TFW/124th TFS Des Moines; Iowa ANG 185 TFG/174th TFS Sioux City. Looking for anyone who had any connection with this large-scale A-7D exercise.

Robert F. Dorr
    3411 Valewood Drive
    Oakton VA 22124
    robert.f.dorr@cox.net
    (703) 264-8950

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coronet Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    For a historical research project: I'm anyone who participated in a deployment called Coronet Buffalo when 36 Air National Guard A-7Ds deployed to RAF Waddington over May 11-June 8, 1985. The units involved were: South Dakota ANG 114/TFG/125th TFS; Sioux Falls Iowa ANG 132TFW/124th TFS Des Moines; Iowa ANG 185 TFG/174th TFS Sioux City. Looking for anyone who had any connection with this large-scale A-7D exercise.

Robert F. Dorr
    3411 Valewood Drive
    Oakton VA 22124
    robert.f.dorr@cox.net
    (703) 264-8950
    The sound of crickets on Coronet Buffalo Bob. There used to be (and still is maybe) a lot of Coronet (name here)s. Coronet Oak and Lightning come to mind.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i saw coronet buffalo in concert, they closed with for what its worth. maybe that was buffalo springfield?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    The sound of crickets on Coronet Buffalo Bob. There used to be (and still is maybe) a lot of Coronet (name here)s. Coronet Oak and Lightning come to mind.
    I believe Coronet was the designation used for TAC exercises and deployments.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    I believe Coronet was the designation used for TAC exercises and deployments.
    That's true. But it means I have a long distance to go. I wonder if anyone out there has A-7D experience in any unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It sure is quiet in here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I worked A-7s with the VaANG but that won't help you. Suggest contacting the units PA offices directly to see if there is a state ANG retirees association and the contact info. (We have such an association here in VA.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedAirman View Post
    I worked A-7s with the VaANG but that won't help you. Suggest contacting the units PA offices directly to see if there is a state ANG retirees association and the contact info. (We have such an association here in VA.)
    You probably bumped into me on one of my many visits to Sandston. I have Kodachrome slides of every A-7 that served in the Virginia Air National Guard. I've tried all of your suggestions without result. Within the last few days, the editor who asked me to look into this has indicated that he is no longer interested, so I guess all of this is overtaken by events. Of course, you know that the great Commonwealth of Virginia made it to the cover of my A-7 book which is, alas, long out of print and almost impossible to find.