Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Army ramps up Pacific exercises, training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Army ramps up Pacific exercises, training

Quote Originally Posted by CORNELIUSSEON View Post
    True, I have access to AKO, but he did leave it up to me as to where I should write whatever it is I have to say, and so I get to choose which media I use, and I choose here! If you don't like it, you can go off to AKO yourself, and leave us in peace, but that remains your choice and I will support you in which ever decision you choose to make.
    You really don't understand English do you? If the Army wants to hear from you and that is the reason you continue to post, you should post where the Army will actually see what you post. AKO might be an avenue but if the Gen REALLY wants to hear from you, why don't you go to his house?

I could care less if you post or not. Occassionally you do contribute something to a discussion but saying that you post in a forum owned and operated by a for-profit company and claiming you do so because a government entity with absolutely no affiliation with said forum wants to hear from you is asinine at BEST.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    So your answer to yet another challenge as to why you post the relative nonsense you post is because some GO has told you to do so based on the obvious platitude of “we want to hear from all retirees’?
    I of course support free speech (which includes both your right to post such drivel AND the right to call you on your silliness) but I should thank you from time to time for this humor I find in your posts. Admittedly this humor is found at your expense and completely unintentional on your part but is humorous nonetheless.
    It seems that George Orwell said it best: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness." I'm sure that he didn't have you specifically in mind when he said that, but I am sure he would approve my assignment of that quotation to you. It certainly fits.
    [FONT=arial black]SSG Cornelius Seon, USA (Retired)
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][B][FONT=arial black]We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

H.L. Mencken
    [/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    You really don't understand English do you? If the Army wants to hear from you and that is the reason you continue to post, you should post where the Army will actually see what you post. AKO might be an avenue but if the Gen REALLY wants to hear from you, why don't you go to his house?

I could care less if you post or not. Occassionally you do contribute something to a discussion but saying that you post in a forum owned and operated by a for-profit company and claiming you do so because a government entity with absolutely no affiliation with said forum wants to hear from you is asinine at BEST.
    “Criticism is a study by which men grow important and formidable at very small expense.” Samuel Johnson.
    [FONT=arial black]SSG Cornelius Seon, USA (Retired)
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][B][FONT=arial black]We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

H.L. Mencken
    [/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It seems that George Orwell said it best: "Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness." I'm sure that he didn't have you specifically in mind when he said that, but I am sure he would approve my assignment of that quotation to you. It certainly fits.
    “Criticism is a study by which men grow important and formidable at very small expense.” Samuel Johnson.
    Actually I doubt Orwell ‘said it best’ and exactly what have my posts have to do with what you just posted? Do you ever actually have an original thought or is Google you only true source of anything? Seriously, do you even KNOW what Orwell was referring to because by your usage here it is pretty obvious to me that you don't know.

Let’s see if this works……………..

“Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.”
    ― Winston Churchill

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hey, wait………….you might be on to something………….this is fun.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Getting back to the topic of this thread, it is clear that China poses the greatest long-term as well as short term threat to the US. I think the Army needs to do some serious study as to the VIABILITY though of a long-term presence in the Far East theater of operations.