Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Troops say proposed UCMJ change unfair in prostitution-legal Germany

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Troops say proposed UCMJ change unfair in prostitution-legal Germany

Interesting story... Seems like a valid point. I can see where enforcement where prostitution is illegal, but under these circumstances (or similiary, at a "ranch" in Nevada) where the industry is regulated at there is less a chance that human trafficing is involved, what rational does the gov't have for prohibitting a legal activity?

The counter argument of a parallel to drug use where legal is apples and oranges; drug use is illegal because of the physical effects, not because it is "immoral".

By Jessica Inigo
    Stars and Stripes
    Published: September 26, 2004
    RHEIN-MAIN AIR BASE, Germany — Troops stationed in Germany are seeing red over the Pentagon’s proposal to add an anti-prostitution charge to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and it’s not just the glow from the local red light district.

Military personnel and their families on Rhein Main Air Base, only minutes from one of the largest red light districts in the world, are angered by the Department of Defense announcement to change the UCMJ. Those interviewed largely agree that Germany is not the place to enforce such a law.

Unlike other overseas military installations across the world where sex trade and human trafficking runs rampant, in Germany, prostitution is legal. There are licensed brothels, called Eros Center, where working girls can rent their own rooms for the day. There are no madames.
    http://www.stripes.com/news/troops-s...ermany-1.24513
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Troops say proposed UCMJ change unfair in prostitution-legal Germany

When I clicked the link to the story, I was suprised that the date is 26 SEP 2004. We you aware this story was 8 years old?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    When I clicked the link to the story, I was suprised that the date is 26 SEP 2004. We you aware this story was 8 years old?
    DAMN... no, I missed that! It was on the current "most read" links on the Stars & Stripes webpage, so I didn't even look at the date. :sorry
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    DAMN... no, I missed that! It was on the current "most read" links on the Stars & Stripes webpage, so I didn't even look at the date. :sorry
    This still brings up a valid (but overlooked) point. How can the military say that one act is 'moral' (i.e., the killing of a government-sanctioned enemy), yet another act is considered 'immoral' (i.e. prostitution) in countries where it is legal and regulated.

I'm willing to bet the number of troops who claim PTSD from getting some pussy are ZERO.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    This still brings up a valid (but overlooked) point. How can the military say that one act is 'moral' (i.e., the killing of a government-sanctioned enemy), yet another act is considered 'immoral' (i.e. prostitution) in countries where it is legal and regulated.

I'm willing to bet the number of troops who claim PTSD from getting some pussy are ZERO.
    The claim is that bangin hookers supports human trafficking...kinda like smokin pot supports terrorism?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

You know, I actually thought long and hard about this. It's my understanding that from the Victorian Era all the way up until the 1950's, married women generally didn't have sex unless it was to reproduce. At that time, men using the services of prostitutes was pretty normal. Back then, no one thought any less of a man for paying for sex.

Now, paying for sex is the major taboo. For men now, it’s all about getting it any way you can; as long as you're not paying for it. So now, here are the results of that: When I go into a store, it's always the fattest, loudest, most unhygienic women that have multiple children with them that they cannot keep under control. Many women today simply have no class. They'll behave a certain way, and have absolutely no shame. Why? Because they're still going to get some dick, regardless. I remember when I got out of the Navy, and was flat broke, I went to go donate plasma; and saw an overweight woman with hairy legs, and then watched a dude STILL hit on her!

Oh, and from my observation (i.e., this is purely anecdotal), most women under the age of 40 can't cook. Male Generation X'ers are to blame for this, as they started learning how to cook in order to impress the ladies; and now, men are stuck with the duties. Women can't cook anymore, because they don't have to.

These are all results. Men view paying for sex with a decent looking prostitute to be uber shameful; but have no problem sticking their dicks into a female Jabba the Hut.

Men are now "working" for sex; as I illustrated with the cooking thing. I remember one woman I dated expecting me to paint her tool shed and rake her yard; and threatened to withhold sex from me if I didn't do it. She was shocked that I declined, and then went on about how other men did it for her.

And if other men did it for her, I wouldn't be surprised. I imagine that back in the 1940's, it would be "fuck you, I'm going to the street corner."

"John-shaming" - and the outlawing of prostitution - is what led to "Pussy Power," in my opinion.

I've only paid for sex once - two chicks. That was solely for the purpose of getting a threesome under my belt. While other dudes are sitting there wondering what it's like, pestering their girlfriends and ruining their relationships by begging her to have a threesome, or getting disappointed that the bisexual girl they pursued and got doesn't do threesomes and isn't the meal ticket that they'd hoped for; they could easily kill ALL of that once and for all, if they got the fuck over their pride and shelled out the cash.

But... as long as a man doesn't have the means to get pussy whenever and wherever he wants, pussy will rule him. Somehow, I think that that's why most women want prostitution to stay illegal.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rusty, Sex is why men work. We may do more for it now than in the past (I doubt it, men have always been superior cooks), but in the end, everything a man does he does for sex.
    HM2

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    Rusty, Sex is why men work. We may do more for it now than in the past (I doubt it, men have always been superior cooks), but in the end, everything a man does he does for sex.
    You ever had those times during your single days, where you just simply didn't want to be bothered with it? Did you quit your job?

What about gay men? The reason I bring that up is because, gay or straight, men like to fuck. Gay men are attracted to those who are as equally eager to fuck as they are. If what you were saying was true, gay men would never work.
    "Well... Uber's going to "driverless" cars soon, and their research probably shows that they're a natural fit (when it comes to getting paid for doing nothing)."
    -Rainmaker, referencing black males

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Jones View Post
    You ever had those times during your single days, where you just simply didn't want to be bothered with it? Did you quit your job?

What about gay men? The reason I bring that up is because, gay or straight, men like to fuck. Gay men are attracted to those who are as equally eager to fuck as they are. If what you were saying was true, gay men would never work.
    Not really. Yes its easier to find a hook up when your dating pool is as horny as you are, but you still have to attract someone and gay men are probably more competitive when it comes to "peacocking" than straight men. With some exceptions we tend to buy more expensive clothing, work out and/or diet regularly, cook, etc. We do pretty much the same nonsense that straights do. You work to find a mate and then you keep working to maintain that relationship. Personally I think men continue to work and strive for more (wealth, status, etc) even though they may have a mate, because they are still trying to impress the oposite (or same in my case) sex. This is all subconscious by the way. Humans aren't monogamus by nature, so we are in a constant state of trying to impress someone. Society is the way it is because men want to bang, it can all be traced back to banging.
    HM2

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    Whether its paying a hooker, geting a pricy meal, movie and jewelry, guys always pay for it.