Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takin' a Breather from AFT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Takin' a Breather from AFT

Let the rejoicing begin. Might pop back in from time to time, but I think I'll spend my energy over at my blog, where I don't have to get in pissing contests with people who don't want to engage in ideas, only then to be banned (with no specific feedback) for apparently using too strong language to somebody who deserves much more.

I did enjoy the learning experience - it's a great opportunity to get a survey of people and character. Comparing and contrasting this board with BaseOps would make for a nice blog post. Maybe one day.

Toodles.
    COURAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Takin' a Breather from AFT

Your blog tells a very interesting and harrowing story. My hat goes off to you for sticking to your guns when the deck seemed stacked against you.
    You don't know what you have done forgetting the F.
    -ske4za

One person shits their pants and everyone gets to wear a diaper.
    -Vrake

Girlfriends are better than wives
    -Tak

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yep. Harrowing. Because driving an uparmored car through a checkpoint doesn't raise any suspision. You'll be missed PYB. Toodles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sperry1989 View Post
    Your blog tells a very interesting and harrowing story. My hat goes off to you for sticking to your guns when the deck seemed stacked against you.
    Thanks. It was an amazing victory. For those who wonder if I walk the walk... Yeah, I definitely do.
    COURAGE!

Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PickYourBattles View Post
    " ... Comparing and contrasting this board with BaseOps would make for a nice blog post. Maybe one day. Toodles."
    I really don't see much difference between the two. Language seems to me more coarse on the BaseOps Board

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I think a eulogy may be in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As President of the PYB fanclub, I was worried about where you were. I am glad to find out where you have been posting.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
    -Michael Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

firsts i'd just like to say, i have no idea who you are, and if I donts knwo who uo are, that means you aint important, so you leaving eh..i never knew you was here, you must not be good at da Pt test, or i'd knows whose you ares

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bye :ranger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Change View Post
    I really don't see much difference between the two. Language seems to me more coarse on the BaseOps Board
    Similar lack of character which goes to show how morally challenged our culture is, I think we see that in larger society, so our firewall in the military to be better than society at large has broken down (if it ever existed).

People are far more educated and informed over at BaseOps, which just means when they show their bad character it's in the form of better crafted arguments on the issues with an immoral bias, rather than rambling nonsensical responses and pissing contests to support immoral positions. Though they do break down into pissing contests too at times.

There is more pride on BaseOps - a higher standard professed, though maybe not acted on. A lot of this has to do with an ops culture and the illusions that flying or being engaged in combat ops automatically equates to courage (when it really doesn't by and large).

Not a huge amount of difference, but some differences for sure. BaseOps is more mature than this board, probably has something to do with an age difference between average users, but the ego there is big boy, bring your thick skin, but the moderators are sacred cows who will ban any user who makes them look bad. Over here it's a lack of ego with a culture of thin skinned, pansy, don't hurt my feelings, don't say mean things even if I deserve it, everybody is a winner and deserves a ribbon, it's ok to be weak kinda zeitgeist.

The interesting point for me is the role of pride on both boards. There is a huge difference in pride there. That's significant.
    COURAGE!