View Poll Results: Do you obey the order to force Americans at gunpoint into concentration camps?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will obey the order.

12 36.36%
  • No, I will refuse the order.

16 48.48%
  • I Don't Know

5 15.15%
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Would you have forced Americans into concentration camps at gunpoint in the 1940s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Would you have forced Americans into concentration camps at gunpoint in the 1940s

There, fixed it for you.

Next time, try reading the whole article, not just the abstract.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Re: Would you have forced Americans into concentration camps at gunpoint in the 1940s

Quote Originally Posted by bluecyclone1 View Post
    Oatmeal with sliced apples today.....mighty good and good for you!
    I've never tried it with apples. I may have to do that. Usually just brown sugar.

Oh, and to keep on topic, I saw all sorts of Americans being herded into prisons at gunpoint today. I think PYB may be on to something here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty awesome how the later votes are trending for America and doing the correct thing. Nice. Good bump Tak.

Oh, and I noticed your new avatar. Much better than the avatar you had yesterday, and the one the day before that. How's retired life treating you? Finding meaningful ways to spend your time when you're not reading autographed RFD books?
    COURAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wondering if any of you cowards who choose not to obey your oath to uphold the Constitution were involved in this latest Constitutional violation -

Thousands Of Elderly Japanese-Americans Rounded Up For Internment Camp’s 70th Reunion

POSTON, AZ—Commemorating the internment during World War II of nearly 120,000 innocent Japanese-Americans, U.S. authorities this week reportedly tracked down and apprehended thousands of the now-elderly detention camp survivors for a 70th anniversary reunion.
    Packing the onetime detainees into buses, armed guards forcibly returned them to their cramped, ramshackle barracks at the Poston War Relocation Center—just one of many sites across the country in which aging Japanese-Americans accused of nothing more than their ancestry have been given the chance to revisit a powerful, formative event from their pasts.
    “After finding out where all the internment alumni now live, we removed them from their homes and hospital beds and brought them here, to the camp, so they could reconnect with old friends and take part in the ongoing festivities,” said U.S. Army Lt. Col. Grant Lowry, who oversees the recently reactivated prison in the Arizona desert. “We’re hoping that by rounding everyone up and getting them back behind the barbed wire, they’ll be able to relive some memories from long ago, and maybe even make a few new ones!”
    “The celebration is mandatory,” Lowry added.

Read more here.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedAirman View Post
    Just wondering if any of you cowards who choose not to obey your oath to uphold the Constitution were involved in this latest Constitutional violation -

Thousands Of Elderly Japanese-Americans Rounded Up For Internment Camp’s 70th Reunion

POSTON, AZ—Commemorating the internment during World War II of nearly 120,000 innocent Japanese-Americans, U.S. authorities this week reportedly tracked down and apprehended thousands of the now-elderly detention camp survivors for a 70th anniversary reunion.
    Packing the onetime detainees into buses, armed guards forcibly returned them to their cramped, ramshackle barracks at the Poston War Relocation Center—just one of many sites across the country in which aging Japanese-Americans accused of nothing more than their ancestry have been given the chance to revisit a powerful, formative event from their pasts.
    “After finding out where all the internment alumni now live, we removed them from their homes and hospital beds and brought them here, to the camp, so they could reconnect with old friends and take part in the ongoing festivities,” said U.S. Army Lt. Col. Grant Lowry, who oversees the recently reactivated prison in the Arizona desert. “We’re hoping that by rounding everyone up and getting them back behind the barbed wire, they’ll be able to relive some memories from long ago, and maybe even make a few new ones!”
    “The celebration is mandatory,” Lowry added.

Read more here.

The Onion is awesome. I get all my news there. Can't trust anybody else.

These "innocent" Jampanese-Americans should feel honored that they are being rounded up again. I would gladly take part. Probably be a great bullet statement.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

COURAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Well, you aren't going to like this answer either, but yes [I would follow an unlawful order to round up innocent Americans by force and throw them into concentration camps]. ...I probably would have obeyed the order for self preservation purposes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I mean, dude, they forced Miyagi's wife into the camps and he was fighting on OUR side!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:spy Worse was done to the Germans in this country and South America....:clock