Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Army getting rid of the ASU already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One point is necessary at this juncture: The new Blue ASU isn't "New", it has simply achieved a Resurrection. It dates from the Civil War with a diffrent cut (The Marine Corps Blue service uniform is as close to our original Blue ASU as you can find today), but was sidelined as the ASU in 1917, when we started to redesign the ASU along British lines. This is when Khaki and Green started to show up as ASUs. The change was complete by 1940, when the design lately seen in the so-called "Pink-and-Green" ASU survived to become the Post War Green ASU.. The "new" Blue ASU is an amalgam of the Green ASU design, and the original Blue ASU, and this finally puts the Army on the same plane as the Marine Corps when it comes to looking "Military".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CORNELIUSSEON View Post
    The Marine Corps Blue service uniform is as close to our original Blue ASU as you can find today
    The Marine Corps service uniform is green. Blue is the dress uniform.

The "new" Blue ASU is an amalgam of the Green ASU design, and the original Blue ASU, and this finally puts the Army on the same plane as the Marine Corps when it comes to looking "Military".
    Not really. The Blue is ASU is being used as more of a 'business' uniform (testimony on the hill, for service uniform day it is what the Army is wearing at my joint command. The Marines use their service uniform for that. The Marine Corps Dress Blue is a Dress uniform (for more formal occasions) ... the Blue ASU is used for both.
    Last edited by Stalwart; 07-29-2014 at 02:29 AM.
    The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One point is necessary at this juncture: The new Blue ASU isn't "New", it has simply achieved a Resurrection. It dates from the Civil War with a diffrent cut (The Marine Corps Blue service uniform is as close to our original Blue ASU as you can find today), but was sidelined as the ASU in 1917, when we started to redesign the ASU along British lines. This is when Khaki and Green started to show up as ASUs. The change was complete by 1940, when the design lately seen in the so-called "Pink-and-Green" ASU survived to become the Post War Green ASU.. The "new" Blue ASU is an amalgam of the Green ASU design, and the original Blue ASU, and this finally puts the Army on the same plane as the Marine Corps when it comes to looking "Military".
    Every Soldier was given the history about the decision behind the ASU with its Civil War lineage. Personally, I preferred to go with the World War II era of the greatest generation. Also, the Pink and Greens were worn by officers as enlisted only wore the greens. You can see that easily when watching Band of Brothers or any WWII movie.

To me, I do not like it; especially with the tons of badges added to it. I would have liked it we would have remained with the Greens or go back to the WWII uniforms. Now those uniforms were sharp. But any uniform that resembles another service is to be removed from the uniform decision board. And with cost savings comes inferiority.
    Disclaimer - "This post was written because you wanted me to respond to it"

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself.