Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: False claims of hate crimes on the rise in the homosexual community

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: False claims of hate crimes on the rise in the homosexual community

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Please remember, it's only a rising trend if it's a conservative or a religious group committing the crime.
    If Muslims need to apologize for something their brethren from another continent did... then its only fair that Christians and Republicans apologize when somebody in their ranks says something mindlessly dumb and hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    And yet the stupid remarks of one Republican have been attributed (by you) to be those of 'many'.

Hyperbole, rhetoric and now hypocrisy.
    One Republican? Then why is it there's a new story about this coming out practically every day? Surely even you can see there's an increasing homophobic and xenophobic trend in the post-Tea Party GOP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    Then why is it there's a new story about this coming out practically every day?
    Maybe there's a rise of false claims of hate crimes in the homosexual community?
    :suspicious
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
    - Margaret Thatcher

JD2780

Yup cause no straight girl has EVER carved anything into their arms or abdomen. Serious? This is stupid. Its not a sexuality issue, its a crazy chick issue.

As for parties committing dumb ass deeds, look at both sides of the isle objectively. They're both retarded. Granted I'm slight conservative leaning. Or you might call me conservative with democrat tendencies.

Either way, bitch be crazy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bonham View Post
    One Republican? Then why is it there's a new story about this coming out practically every day? Surely even you can see there's an increasing homophobic and xenophobic trend in the post-Tea Party GOP.
    Can you cite other Republicans who hold Akins particular belief about women's reproductive system?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    Can you cite other Republicans who hold Akins particular belief about women's reproductive system?
    He cant, now he'll just edit your statement to make it seem like you support Akins retardedness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JD2780 View Post
    He cant, now he'll just edit your statement to make it seem like you support Akins retardedness.
    Well, in truth I am always a bit hesitant to post in what some would speciously twist to be support for a person or position which I don't truly support but instead am posting in response to a tact or position which is intellectually or factually false.

For instance I think Akin is from all appearances an asshat and probably shouldn't hold public office but to use his attack to paint everyone who supports some of his basic beliefs, such as pro-life, is just such an intellectually and factually false position.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never even knew there was such a thing as the "gay panic defense"...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/20/us/mis...tml?hpt=hp_bn1
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

What i like to know is why is this charged as a misdemeanor? Falsifying a hate crime should be imo a felony.