Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
+++1 Bunch! Thank you for the comprehensive post(s) on USAF careers in medicine. I would like to ask a question and add one thing (as it is specific to me):

Experience. For award of AFSC 42G3 (Qualified PA), a minimum of 24 months of experience in Physician Assistant assignments is mandatory. Also, experience is mandatory in providing primary medical care under the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
Specialty Information: A qualified AFSC with a suffix is authorized upon completion of an additional residency or fellowship program related to the suffix and acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF. Specialty Shredout: A..................... Orthopedics

My question is, after civilian residency and COT would a non prior service PA be commissioned as a Capt.? I have a friend who may be interested.
Rank credit and constructive service credit are a tricky thing to define. For rank credit, the amount of time of experience the individual has in the specialty is the factor that is going to determine what rank the person will get. Without having all the facts it will be irresponsible for me to answer your question.